DEATH!!

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Which BEST DESCRIBES your take on your own DEATH?!

Just part of life, whaddya gonna do?
10%
I fear it intensely.
20%
Not a big fan, frankly.
10%
I'm only afraid of HOW it happens, not THAT it happens.
10%
I only worry about those I'll leave behind.
No votes
I don't give it much thought.
No votes
I don't give it ANY thought.
No votes
I'm okay with it.
No votes
I welcome it gladly!
No votes
I'm curious to see what happens afterward.
30%
I don't believe in it.
20%

Total votes: 10

pinback

DEATH!!

Post by pinback »

Let's kick off the weekend with something nice and light!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: DEATH!!

Post by pinback »

For those who voted for "I don't believe in it" I would like an explanation. Was it a joke vote or do you have an interesting opinion we can discuss?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Look at how many people, famous people, kicked off before Teh Commander. I tellya, death is FAKE NEWS!

THE
EMPTY COFFIN
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I voted for "I don't believe in it."

Right now there are hundreds of people at work making old games work again.

Imagine technology getting to the place where one of two things happen:

1) Enough of us survive being buried and we figure out how to revitalize that matter and make the electricity in our brains start snapping again. 3000 AD?
2) We figure out how to do that from ashes 3500 AD?
3) We figure out how to pluck us out of the time stream and deposit us into a world with 2 thousand years of science. 4000AD?

It will definitely happen because nostalgia for the past is a universal human thing. When I die, when any of us die, at some point a group of people working for an organization will restore the dead and we'll get to live the second half of our lives.

Thanks to the exoDOS project I just played a game of ALIEN.BAS on my computer created in 2019. Humanity is definitely doing the same thing for the deceased.

So I'm not worried about it. I mean, I'm gonna take steps to ensure that I have a great, long life here while I can but I don't think this is necessarily the end of our consciousness when we die.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Okay. I hadn't considered that.

You don't believe in it because you think eventually it can be un-done. Although I'd say you BELIEVE in it, you just think there's potentially a way to step it back. You don't believe in its permanance, do I have that right?

I had not considered that as an option, but it definitely belonged on there.

Alright, who else? Who was the other vote for "I don't believe in it"?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I used to be scared of it because, since we have no evidence of any other state, I have to presume death results in annihilation, i.e. nonexistence. Then it was my sister who pointed out that if you "die dead," you will remember nothing, know nothing and be nothing.

I think it was Aron Ra who said "Once you die, it will be over and you won't even know it. Yeah, and it sucks."

Mark Twain reportedly said, "The universe existed for billions of years before I was born, and it didn't inconvenience me in the slightest. I don't expect death to be any different."

I just feel kind of maudlin about it. I had to be reduced to a shell of my former self to realize how much I lost, and how much I squandered. And how much I still love my life despite my problems.

The end of Se7en has Det. Somerset saying, "Ernest Hemingway said, ''The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for' … I agree with the second part." Personally, I agree with both parts.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.