[POLL] Party-Cut Pizza

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Which slices of a party cut pizza are your favorite??!

Sides!
No votes
Corners!
No votes
Middles!
63%
I have not had a party-cut pizza, so I don't know.
13%
I have had a party-cut pizza, but have no preference.
25%
I do not eat pizza.
No votes
OTHER?!??! (Explain below!)
No votes

Total votes: 8

pinback

[POLL] Party-Cut Pizza

Post by pinback »

This is a sequel to a poll from three years ago. I may have done it before, but it's time once again.

A pizza with a "party cut" or "tavern cut" is one where it's sliced into squares, instead of triangles. What's your TAKE?

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Re: [POLL] Party-Cut Pizza

Post by AArdvark »

This is difficult, it's impossible to talk to Rochester people about pizza. I don't have a preference as to shape, as long as it's an acceptable style of pizza. It's all good!

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Middles! So cheesy 🧀!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

SQUARE CUT? Do you mean SQUARE CUT?

"Party cut." God. How long have you lived among us? And this is our effect on you?

Look, anyone can get the name wrong. I am letting it go. My wife gets me a square cut pizza for my birthday every year. It is the only way a pizza should be cut.

That said, I start with two middles pieces, then go to two rectangular pizzas with crust and then smash one of those big giant corners later. God, I'd do anything for a square cut pie right now.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:33 pm This is difficult, it's impossible to talk to Rochester people about pizza. I don't have a preference as to shape, as long as it's an acceptable style of pizza. It's all good!
I know we make it difficult. But that's part of our charm?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

The most common pizza I have cut like this is the 2 times a year that I go to Sir Pizza. Their motto is "good to the very edge" due to them piling the toppings everywhere to where they are falling off the sides. So in this case I chose "Eat it but have no preference".
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:39 pm SQUARE CUT? Do you mean SQUARE CUT?

"Party cut." God. How long have you lived among us? And this is our effect on you?
Don't ya like to PARTY?

I gave "tavern cut" as an acceptable alternative. Can we meet in the middle there? Or does it have to be YOUR way, because of this Rochester thing.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:57 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:39 pm SQUARE CUT? Do you mean SQUARE CUT?

Don't ya like to PARTY?

I gave "tavern cut" as an acceptable alternative. Can we meet in the middle there? Or does it have to be YOUR way, because of this Rochester thing.
I am ready for us to have sane conversations about pizza.

pinback

Post by pinback »

What fun is that?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:55 pm This is a sequel to a poll from three years ago. I may have done it before, but it's time once again.

A pizza with a "party cut" or "tavern cut" is one where it's sliced into squares, instead of triangles. What's your TAKE?
Well, I'd take a pizza any way I can get it, but to me this sounds like AN OUTRAGE! Like putting screw tops on beer cans. Screw tops are for bottles of soda, not for beer (bottles, and especially not cans) and square slices are for square pizza! Round pizza deserves pie slices. Good pizza should be given the treatment it deserves. Let bad round pizza be given the bad treatment of squaring the circle.

If a round pizza is good enough to eat, it's good enough to be treated with the reverence of pie slices the way God Herself intended.
"Thou shalt cut thy round pizza on angles emanating from the center, and cutting across shall be an abomination. None who eateth square-cut shall ever enter the Kingdom of God." - Motzarella 6:0
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien