This is the thread where Paul reads The Power of Now.

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

This is the thread where Paul reads The Power of Now.

Post by pinback »

Got that, Tdarcos? I'll buy you a copy if you don't have it, but you have to promise to read it and then comment on it in this thread.

You have to PROMISE.

Tdarcos

Re:

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:This is the thread where Paul reads The Power of Now.
'Cause we did it all for The Glory of Love
- Peter Cetera

Death is not important. Death is insignificant. Eternity is what is important. And eternity is now.
- Ayn Rand
pinback wrote:Got that, Tdarcos? I'll buy you a copy if you don't have it,
I'd never even heard of it until you wrote this article. Then again commercial book publishers release about 5,000 books a year, nobody can know all of them. My android phone has probably 50 apps preinstalled on it and I have no idea what most of them even do.

If it's the one by Eckhart Tolle, Amazon has it in a Kindle format for $8.04. I would have to get it that way (as a gift, and I already posted something here for Jonsey about how to give a Kindle e-book as a gift ) because I can't read fine print any more, over about the last couple of months I've quickly lost my ability to read printed text without magnification.

I don't own a Kindle; i use Kindle for PC.

I'm going to have to go to an optometrist and get a prescription for reading glasses, none of the over-the-counter reading glasses are strong enough, stuff is still blurry. Thank Firefox for CTRL+ or I'd not be able to read this board or Caltrops.
pinback wrote:but you have to promise to read it and then comment on it in this thread.

You have to PROMISE.
"What do you think I am, human?"
- The Architect, The Matrix Revolutions

Now I've got a goddam piece of a song I can't remember where the phrase "things are promises" or "you make me like promises" or something keeps popping up in my head and I can't remember enough of the rest to identify it. Something like Crosby Stills & Nash but that's not right either.

In the mean time I'll listen to Push it to the Limit by Paul Engelmann from the Soundtrack to Scarface. Or...

"You don't know me but I'm your brother
I was raised here in this living hell...
Are you
Tellin' me the things you're gonna do for me?
I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see..."
- The Doobie Brothers, Takin' It To the Streets

I'll think about it. I have to see how big a committment it is. Or I can forestall ever having to read it by asking Pinback that if he'll read Instrument of God which he can download for free and write a review I'll read The Power of Now and write a review even if I have to pay for the book myself. Or buy it from Audible and listen to it if it's there.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

It's also an audiobook. And ultimately everything it has to say is all in the first couple chapters, the rest is just clarification.

Can you listen to the first couple chapters?

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I will not read the reply Tdarcos wrote to this thread, but I will begin reading The Power of Now!
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM