Hyland's Nerve Tonic

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Hyland's Nerve Tonic

Post by pinback »

I'm on Day 5 of trying to be sober again. It's been awful! So I've been looking for ways to make it easier. I doubled up on my Prozac, and started popping a Benadryl every night to help me sleep. Not convinced either was working.

Out of desperation, I saw a box of "Hyland's Nerve Tonic" in the CVS. It's homeopathic!

The fact that you can buy something for "stress relief" over the counter, that says "homeopathic" on the box, obviously means one thing: Snake oil. A waste of money.

I got it anyway, and popped two as soon as I got home.

I'm still wary. I'm still assuming placebo effect. I'm still highly skeptical, even of the hundreds of positive reviews it gets on Amazon.

HOWEVER, I felt way relaxed and even a little loopy about 30 minutes later, and haven't even had an urge to drink since then. This was after five days of having an urge to drink from about 7 AM until I finally fell asleep.

Let's just watch how this works over the coming days. If this turns out to be my "miracle cure", I'm going to become a company spokesman.

"Hi, this is Don Rogers, for Hyland's Nerve Tonic!"

Let's just wait and see, though.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Should it be our goal to get some free tonic, then? If you can't be cured of alcoholism, would that be an acceptable "second prize"?

I recall that we all got free hot sauce by screaming that the rest of the people here were maggots. Do you suspect a similar tactic will work for "Dr." Hylan?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!