What would you expect in Starcraft 3?

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

What would you expect in Starcraft 3?

Post by Tdarcos »

If you've played Starcraft, then played Starcraft 2, what were the improvements or changes, what was different, and what would you expect to see in Starcraft 3?

I never played the first, so I don't know, was Starcraft II a successor to I, or are the games radically different?

(Just helping to keep this base alive, only 70 more posts to go.)
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

SC1 and 2 are very similar on the surface, and SC2 can largely be considered SC1 with better, modern graphics and a better, modern UI.

Once you dig deeper there are significant design differences between the two games, with regard to how units interact, and stuff like that.

But they're basically, yeah. Get resources, build buildings, build units, explode the other guy.

For SC3, I would expect the same thing as with SC2. Don't mess with the main idea, just spiffy up the graphics and whatever.

EDIT: However, I would like an additional race to play with. One of the more surprising revelations when SC2 was first announced is that they were sticking with the original three races (terran/protoss/zerg), and not adding any, even after over 10 years.

So yeah. For SC3? MOAR RACE PLZ
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I'm kind of hoping SC3 comes with a miniature Korean guy that (a) clicks really fast and (b) likes to play the game.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:I'm kind of hoping SC3 comes with a miniature Korean guy that (a) clicks really fast and (b) likes to play the game.
Here's a video that fits. UK-based Tesco Supermarket - about equivalent to Safeway, here - opened a chain in South Korea where people can click on QR codes with their phones to order groceries shown in the subway for delivery after they get home.

[youtube][/youtube]
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak