I have one rule here.

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Post by pinback »

HUNGRY ANIMAL PRIDE, BITCHES!!!

ImageImageImage
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

He meant it lovingly, Paul, the way DP's last letter to me begins "I love you, you asshole."

(Clash found that and sent me a copy! I probably should have kept a copy myself. I guess I'm not too good on record-keeping.)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yes, it was meant in an affectionate way, because you have become one of us, and become one of the most important posters in site history.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:you have become one of us, and become one of the most important posters in site history.
As good as Farah Fawcett's poster or is hers in a different class?
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Let's get back to you describing the various units in Starcraft 2, please.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Let's get back to you describing the various units in Starcraft 2, please.
I'll run the damn game again - writing the City of Zenith game for Hugo and getting around the bugs and limitations is taking all my time - and I'll take some notes.

I couldn't find anything else but the Zerg mission, I suspect I missed something.

I also said I'd play Pinback in a cooperative or competitive match on SC2 (not sure which he wanted); I'm not sure why he hasn't said anything about when.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I've clearly been doing something wrong, I have now been able to access the missions other than the one I was bitching about.

From 6 pages of handwritten notes I recorded my thoughts. I was worried I might not have enough paper, I had a package of Target's 20# for general purpose, laser or inkjet, and it only contains about 750 sheets.

So let's begin.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Starcraft 2 wants to download a small update, a mere 12 megs. Again this reminds me of Second Life and its constant upgrading, however I suppose since I have a fast connection it's only going to be a few seconds.

And again, the fucking chronic firewall tripping is happening, with the stupid asswipe firewall asking me at least a 1/2 dozen times if it's okay to unblock the program.

After SC2 is finished downloading its upgrade, you still have to click on "Play". What the fuck other reason would I launch the goddam program?

This was my opinion of about the first 30 seconds.

New Campaign: Casual

Digging up alien artifacts, eh? Don't tell me these guys didn't watch Total Recall!

The news guy reminds me of Fox news with its overly partisan slant, only faux news isn't going to let a reporter say something that doesn't follow the party line.

The song on the jukebox is a cute cover of Elvis' Suspicious Minds.

"Sarah", presumably the protagonist's girlfriend or wife, looks a lot like the female teacher from Final Fantasy VIII. (No, I've never played it, I saw a really hilarious review of it from Noah Antwiler, "The Spoony Experiment")

Mar Sara, Dominion space. Wonder if Paramount Pictures knows about their use of "Dominion" in a science fiction work? Although that might be considered generic. I once told one guy I would not recommend using the word "Borg" in any sci-fi work if it wasn't something Paramount authorized unless you did some deal with Borg Warner, the industrial equipment manufacturer.

I'm curious for mission LIBERATION DAY as to why the progress bar takes so long. Isn't the game precalculated? Maybe they need better caching algorithms.

Now the instructional movies do work.

Completion time 7:51

You'd think the commander, Raynor, being a military hero, wouldn't be spending so much time drinking alone. Or alone, period. :)

I'm starting the new mission.

I realize I'll need to do a lot of grinding here, having SEVs mine ore and gas until I've built a lot more SEVs. Might need to build supply depots along the way, except I can't seem to find a way to the target: all bridges have collapsed and my troops have no means to fix them.

Basically it opens up part way when the rebels are attacked.

Interesting effect: as the SCVs mine crystals, the size of each crystal field changes, presumably to less, as the field becomes exhausted.

Mission completed.

Back at the bar, I note that the jukebox plays both kinds of worthless, unlistenable music: country AND western. Why not a gap band cover?
I never ever had a love, put the pedal to the metal and burn rubber on me, oh no no no no no no!
Or cover the Dazz band?
We both are here to have the fun, so let it whip!
Cute trick with the neon sign: "U pay Ray", "Pay Up" etc.

New mission

Zero Hour (9Am, and I'm gonna be high as a kite by then.)

First appearance of the hungry ani... err, I mean Zerg.

Mission completed. I saved at the armory point, I will get some sleep.

This is more of the sort of thing that would seriously make someone want to buy the game. And now I understand why the Zerg misson I bitched about was so hard, I lacked game experience.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Sorry, this was in the wrong thread; it will be reposted.
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Tdarcos

63 left

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote:One more thing: Any bashing of the game or Blizzard due to b.net features you want but don't have, or the lack of LAN, or the "always online" requirement, or any of that other crap, will land you outside of this base, looking in as fast as I can hit the "ban" button.
I hereby register a "bash" on Blizzard, I thought their actions to sue some people for wanting to do their own private server, independent of Blizzard's control, for their games that they had, in fact, purchased, was unforgivable. I thus bash blizzard heavily, and I will never spend money that goes to them.

Gonna shut me out of here and see this base die, motherfucker?

(Just doing my part to save this base, only 63 more posts needed.)
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Tdarcos

Re: 63 left

Post by Tdarcos »

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:One more thing: Any bashing of the game or Blizzard due to b.net features you want but don't have, or the lack of LAN, or the "always online" requirement, or any of that other crap, will land you outside of this base, looking in as fast as I can hit the "ban" button.
I hereby register a "bash" on Blizzard, I thought their actions to sue some people for wanting to do their own private server, independent of Blizzard's control, for their games that they had, in fact, purchased, was unforgivable. I thus bash blizzard heavily, and I will never spend money that goes to them.
Since I need to boost the post count this is a separate message or I'd just have edited the previous message to add the following.

"I will publicly eat shit on a plate in Wal*Mart before I will give Blizzard Entertainment Inc. another dime."

(Just doing my part to increase the posting count and save this base, only 61 more messages needed. #62 appears elsewhere on this base.)
- No Doubt, Don't Speak