Ctrl-T System Info

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Admiral Ackguh

Ctrl-T System Info

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

Pressing Ctrl-T (in debug/cheat mode) to display time:

The DAY, HR, and MIN are obvious, but what of PIC, CYC, RGV, V, and T?
- A:A:

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Started testing for those mystery variables. Found only one so far. V is the View size for when you have the darkness levels turned on. I suspect the rgv is for region view size if region specific settings are turned on. I'll edit this post with more if and when i find it.

EDIT: Needs more testing to confirm this but it seems like PIC keeps track of how many times the map was updated. When the view size changes PIC appears to increment. I thought CYC could mean cycles and thus could be animation or combat speed but I haven't been able to make the CYC value change yet.

EDIT: Scratch that. PIC does not consistently change with map updates. But so far I have only been able to make it change by changing the darkness view size. And its not making a lot of sense so far. It goes up and down. Pretty randomly as far as I can tell.

Tdarcos

Re: Ctrl-T System Info

Post by Tdarcos »

Admiral Ackguh wrote:Pressing Ctrl-T (in debug/cheat mode) to display time:
This goes back about 30 years to RSTS/E circa 1983 on the PDP-11/70 microcomputer, probably equivalent today to a 286, if even that poweful, although they ran 30 terminals on it. Hitting a control-T told you the name of the program, possibly current time, and would how much CPU time you'd used and how long it had been since the last ^T.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.