In-line help

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

rld

In-line help

Post by rld »

Does anyone regularly use the in-line help for ACK? (the one where you push F1 and the engine switches to text mode to display a help file)

I am thinking that it might be more useful in a windowed environment to convert this documentation to some kind of 'quick reference' that could be viewed along side the ACK DosBox window, as opposed to having to switch back and forth; that way, the help docs would be printable as well.

Something less in-depth than the manual or Garth's online docs; more like a simple PDF that lists the commands (and usage tips, etc.) that correspond to each screen in the editor.

Admiral Ackguh

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

I never use the on-line help, and quite frankly wouldn't mind to see it go. Sometimes I accidentally press F1, and the graphics-to-text transition is annoying. It sometimes also noses up the colour palette.

Your idea is a good one; an info-packed graphical page would be more useful to newbies, and less disruptive to experienced ACK developers.
- A:A:

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Nope never use it.

joebonk

f1

Post by joebonk »

messes up my colors too, have to restart when it happens to fix it. update: sometimes it comes in handy:)