Two bugs regarding object actions?

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, Chris H

Sca

Two bugs regarding object actions?

Post by Sca » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:47 pm

I mentioned this at the end of my first post in another thread, but I figured it was probably a better idea to copy this into a new thread of its own, given that it's only tangentially related to the other thread and people may not read it at the end of that very long post.

So, anyway, I seem to have found two minor bugs in ACK -- either that, or there's something I'm doing wrong, but I don't know what that could be. Specifically:

BUG #1: Okay, I have a space, let's call it a Vanishing Floor, that's passable by anything, and has an action of Activate All Underneath, triggered by passing. I also have an obstacle, let's call it a Vanishing Wall, that has an action of Activate All Underneath, triggered by bumping. Both the Vanishing Space and the Vanishing Wall are set to disappear When Action Triggered, and to be replaced by each other (that is, the Vanishing Wall is set to be replaced by a Vanishing Space when it disappears, and vice versa). All right, so what should happen is that when the player bumps a Vanishing Wall, it turns into a Vanishing Space, and when he walks over a Vanishing Space, it turns into a Vanishing Wall. Except only the first part works... when the player walks over a Vanishing Space, nothing happens.

BUG #2: Also, speaking of obstacles with an action of Activate All Underneath, triggered by bumping... they don't seem to work. For a very simple example, if I have a Signpost object that displays a short message when activated, and a Do-All Wall obstacle that Activates All Underneath when bumped, and I stack a Do-All Wall on top of a Signpost in a room, nothing happens. It's not just with short messages; that's just an example -- I've tried this with various types of spaces and obstacles under the Do-All Wall, and they never seem to be activated. (However, Do-All Spaces that Activate All Underneath when walked over work perfectly fine.)

Also, not a bug, but a question: Is there any way to have a macro add money to the map? I've tried it (using MAPADD), and it does create a unit of money, but one with a quantity of 0, which doesn't seem terribly useful. I tried setting the quantity with MAPSETD, hoping that would correspond to the quantity for money, but it didn't seem to work. Is there some solution I'm overlooking?