abit larger dimensions of the tiles. pretty Please? :D

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

NihilVulture

abit larger dimensions of the tiles. pretty Please? :D

Post by NihilVulture »

Hey guys, long time no see... It's great seeing a grand following of this work of Art by his truly, Mr. Chris Hopkins.

I can remember the day when I first saw this program, I was like 20ish, now i am almost 30ish this year (shhhh, do not tell anyone yet! :P) And it required a passcode.... Ahh the days of Shareware. But no fear here! When I spread the gospel of the great ACK (version 2.2) and all that jazz, out of the blue came Chris :) I think it was only Jolt Country I passed the word. And I am happy to be apart of the splender of the Kit. :D

But now, enough of my long winded conversations to the public of this still outstanding Forum :D

Chris, old boy, I love the Kit, but is there anyway I can use a higher pixel count, like instead of the dimensions of the tiles given now, say, about 70 by 70 pixels?

It would make my games alot more detailed, and I am expecting the world from this great program, I just do well with that higher count.

I hope it's not alot I am asking... And so far, I am doing well with texturing of sprites. For instance, RaycastingGameMaker 4.37 by Bithandler, uses 64 by 64 pixels... Which is a great walk around.

Anyways I am outtie, and take care all!

Black Metal ist Krieg ;)

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Hey man,

Welcome back. Hows your ALAN pirate adventure goin? Have you done anything cool with FPS Creator? I fiddled with that for a while but eventually found it too much work to make an original game with it. Making your own models, and skins, and scripts to add rpg like elements. Much easier to just stick to using kits that are made to do what i want them too and which are much easier to add custom graphics to. Like ACK! :P

Back in october of 2008 you wrote:
I am still working on Pirate's Adventure ALAN adventure game for Basement, but after that, I am creating an Ultima influenced adventure dealing with the occult and other dark matters :) Also, I just received my copy of FPS Creator! :D
Oh yeah and if you want to make something similar to an ACK design but with much higher res you can use any of the RPG Makiers by Enterbrain for that. They are not free however. In the one made for XP, RPG Maker XP, I am pretty sure there is no limit to the size you can make your tiles. I think the only constraint is they must be a minimum of 32x32 and if you make them larger they must be divisible by 32? Something like that. I dont use it a whole lot since it is alot more work than ACK is.
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

Nihil Vulture

My ALAN, ACK and Tabletop Projects

Post by Nihil Vulture »

Garth my main man
How are you salty sea dog? :P

As for the Pirate game, I lost focus cause of so many title taken... So I worked on an older project, Interactive Fiction of course, but I don't want to give out the stuff until it's done.

ACK looks like it's maturing well. It's easier then Nazghul, Hephaestus, IRE and even RPG Maker (which by the way, I bought both of them, and was not too thrilled, 120 bucks lost)

I nearly got the Explorations RPG Engine, cause it was way low, like 35 usd for the Commercial lisence. But it has some issues I don't like, for example, your license is put into Mr. Tyrone Lee's server. You have to have that code there, and if you, god forbid, have a bad motherboard motherload meltdown, then you have to pay 10 extra bucks to get the license again. Do not get me wrong, I think it's a good looking engine, but I am sticking to ACK

My ACK game will be a dark fantasy, but I am writing on my notepad the stuff I am gonna do.

And then there's my Tabletop project. DUNGEON BATTLES
One book has been published, four more to come!

http://www.cafepress.com/imgsimulations

(I have to use Cafe Press instead of lulu cause Lulu makes only booklets with color, which is more expensive then Cafe Press... Base price for my book is 4.50 usd, but I added 1 dollar more)/.

But yes, the ACK game will be worked more then most of my projects, esp my music, and my ALAN game. But I am also working on DB at the same time! Thanks to you all, it's been awesome! I will check up on you gracious dudes later!

Nihil Vulture

Tdarcos

Re: abit larger dimensions of the tiles. pretty Please? :D

Post by Tdarcos »

NihilVulture wrote:Chris, old boy, I love the Kit, but is there anyway I can use a higher pixel count, like instead of the dimensions of the tiles given now, say, about 70 by 70 pixels? [ ]
I hope it's not alot I am asking... And so far, I am doing well with texturing of sprites. For instance, RaycastingGameMaker 4.37 by Bithandler, uses 64 by 64 pixels... Which is a great walk around.
This is a function of Windows. The standard sizes of icons supported are 16x16, 32x32, 48x48, 64x64 and 256x256. Handling icons outside these ranges requires special handling as opposed to the standard (Windows-supplied) APIs for loading (and saving) icons. And 48 and above aren't supported in older versions of Windows (I don't know if '98 supports anything above 32).
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.