Selling ACS for Apple II

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Selling ACS for Apple II

Post by guest »

Hello,

I just discovered this forum and I hope you don't mind...

I was given a stash of Apple II items, some of which I'm selling on ebay. One item is Adventure Construction Set for Apple II:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0271402616

Thanks for letting me stop by.
Scott

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

I have an Apple IIc sitting on my desk next to me that I might just have to put that in. :) (I'm all about the retro stuff!)

bruce

Post by bruce »

Chris H wrote:I have an Apple IIc sitting on my desk next to me that I might just have to put that in. :) (I'm all about the retro stuff!)
And if it's too much trouble to do, I might buy your //c. I've got ][+s, //es,. and a IIgs. And a ]|[ that doesn't actually work. A //c would be a nice addition.

Bruce

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Hi Bruce,

I bought mine on ebay just a few months ago, they seem to appear there now and then. I don't want to part with it though :)

Impressive collection you have, I assume you're already familiar with the ADTPro software? That was a lifesaver for me -- My IIc didn't come with any working disks, but I was able to create any disks I needed for it once I managed to get the transfer cable to work. :)

bruce

Post by bruce »

Chris H wrote:Impressive collection you have, I assume you're already familiar with the ADTPro software?
Yep.

There's something magical about doing "IN #1" and then watching an assembly program to do disk transfers automatically put itself together and save itself, isn't there?

Bruce

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Yeah. Between that and the X1541 cable for the Commodore 64 (that computer sits on my desk at work) I have access to more software for these old computers now than when I had them in the 80's... which is kind of neat. :)

jjsonick

Post by jjsonick »

Just to reinforce the Apple II/ADTPro love, a pic I took last month:

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Recursive image is recursive. :)

bruce

Post by bruce »

An unposed photo. Like, I was using all three of these machines (working on getting AppleTalk networking going).

But it's:

An Apple from about 5 years ago, an Apple from about 15 years ago, an an Apple from about 25 years ago.

Bruce[/img]

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Awesome, a family reunion. :) With bonus Atari 2600 goodness?

bruce

Post by bruce »

Chris H wrote:Awesome, a family reunion. :) With bonus Atari 2600 goodness?
Yeah. I've got a thing for 6502s.

Bruce

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

So is the winning bidder someone from here? C'mon, fess up! :)

bruce

Post by bruce »

Chris H wrote:So is the winning bidder someone from here? C'mon, fess up! :)
Not me. My original still works.

Bruce

jjsonick

Post by jjsonick »

Not me, I also have my own beloved original ACS.

I do still wonder what became of Stuart Smith. I know ICJ dug up a sentence on him that stated "In the late 1980s Smith elected to provide more stability for his family and took a position as a programmer outside the industry." -- but I wonder what non-game software he moved to, and if he ever checks on the legacy he left. It's a shame there seem to be no recorded interviews with him, as there are with other 'golden age' game authors.

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

I've wondered the same. Richard Garriot has turned out to be much easier to keep track of. :)