The fate of the ACK forum?

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

jjsonick

The fate of the ACK forum?

Post by jjsonick »

As fate would have it, the ACK forum was born just as the Jolt Country BBS as a whole was sliding towards demolition. So, I am wondering if this fledgling forum can be preserved somehow (was that going to happen with the 'Robb's Text Games' forum as well?), or is that like asking for the Titanic's squash court to remain suspended above the water while the rest of the craft sinks beneath the waves?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: The fate of the ACK forum?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

jjsonick wrote:As fate would have it, the ACK forum was born just as the Jolt Country BBS as a whole was sliding towards demolition. So, I am wondering if this fledgling forum can be preserved somehow (was that going to happen with the 'Robb's Text Games' forum as well?), or is that like asking for the Titanic's squash court to remain suspended above the water while the rest of the craft sinks beneath the waves?
I can assure you that the ACK forum will always be accessible from its current URL and station - you'll never have to update your bookmarks, and it would seriously take an act of a God (a harsh, vengeful one) to ever lose the posts or whatnot. I promise!

(And that goes for the Hugo forum and the stuff for my text games as well.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

jjsonick

Post by jjsonick »

Awesome! That's great news. Viva la (el?) ACK!

And thanks for giving ACK discussion a home, of course.

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Yes, that's fantastic news -- thank you Jonsey! :)

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

In honor of this thread's belated one year birthday I am necroposting to resurrect it from the dead!

I actually read this a long time ago and meant to respond to express my thanks to ICJ so he knows how much he's appreciated. So here it is.

Shame on all you other ACK lovers who haven't thanked him yet!
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?