WIP: B-Movie Monster Madness

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

jjsonick

Post by jjsonick »

rld - You're right, it sounds like it'd be much easier to achieve what I wanted with those new commands. I'll give that a try soon.

Blacklight

Post by Blacklight »

Has there been any more progress made with this project ? I would LOVE to see it finished ! I remember making a Crush Crumble & Chomp adventure back on my old C64 using the Adventure Construction Set. The only problem was that only some buildings could be destroyed due to the limitations on the amount of creatures and special spaces you could put in a room. Mine was designed for two or more players. The world map was a map of a city and suburbs. The monsters each would start out at a separate location and have to go around gaining special powers and attacks before hunting each other down and fighting to the death. The multiplayer feature that ACS had was fantastic for this. I'm disappointed that it's not a part of the ACK, but I AM glad that ACK is here anyway, though.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Maybe its just the fewer number of games (and thus the exposure each gets), but ACK creations appear to be much more perky and seeped in a wonky, interesting topic (this and the Haunted Mansion game based on a DnD module come to mind) than many text games (especially those from the XXYZ awards).

Interesting that - maybe a different audience and so a different set of creators? I'm going to spend a bit of time looking into the WIP games games and see what has been completed and try out a few from that pool as well.

I'll probably write an article! Will be vaguely interesting for all of us!

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

So many unfinished projects.. I so wish we could get together and help each other finish all our WIPs.
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

RetroRomper wrote:Maybe its just the fewer number of games (and thus the exposure each gets), but ACK creations appear to be much more perky and seeped in a wonky, interesting topic (this and the Haunted Mansion game based on a DnD module come to mind) than many text games (especially those from the XXYZ awards).
Sure, but how many are finished? I mean, the petermolydeux guy on Twitter has a lot of good idea as well, but he's not making finished consumables out of them.

ACK community, I implore you.... finish your wares!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

ishtenos

Post by ishtenos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
RetroRomper wrote:Maybe its just the fewer number of games (and thus the exposure each gets), but ACK creations appear to be much more perky and seeped in a wonky, interesting topic (this and the Haunted Mansion game based on a DnD module come to mind) than many text games (especially those from the XXYZ awards).
Sure, but how many are finished? I mean, the petermolydeux guy on Twitter has a lot of good idea as well, but he's not making finished consumables out of them.

ACK community, I implore you.... finish your wares!!
Projects can be quite a challenge to see through to completion. That being said, I have every intention of finishing what I've started... One of the key things I'm finding is to make sure that your features and plans aren't beyond your abilities to implement. And outlines are terribly underrated. *grin*