Adventure Construction Set

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, Chris H

McDeath

Re: Adventure Construction Set

Post by McDeath » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:30 pm

Library will be open wednesday. I will upload the music sound zip. Now back to pulling gfx from the games and making tilesheets. Then I’ll amend a custom manual with any insights, errors etc I found. Finishing up will be the spreadsheets, the item, creature, terrain descriptions.

The only other things I can do is emulator specific: ie, using the AppleII rivers of light module with its 6 colors and transferring fantasy, spy/mystery, and sci-fi to the 6 colors rather than 4 color defaults. Neat apple 2 has that.

For Amiga I could create tilesets based on the other emulators for it. So you could graphically play a close representation of Apple, c63, dos but using the extra sound and interface of Amiga. Btw, I need to find a better emulator for Amiga.

There is the issue with graphic consistency to each platform. They vary, are missing tiles, or have worthless duplicates (in the case of appleII and c64). I can amend this but it’ll take time. I believe drawing on the emulator is the most daunting since I’m trying to be accurate for st least one version.

And the very last few things would be looking at the available modules and recording the items, gfx, Monsters, etc etc for those. I did also want to attempt putting Fracas in as an ACS adventure. I’m not sure I could do Hercules or Ali-baba Justice. They’re pretty unique even if similar. This is where I hoped Kroah had deconstructed Ali-baba. There’s a walkthrough, maps, etc. I could figure out something.

And after all that. I should be done with ACS for a little bit. I hope I can get this done in a year. That motivation sometimes drags.
With great sandwiches comes great nachos.

McDeath

Post by McDeath » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:30 am

McDeath

Post by McDeath » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Still working on pulling the gfx out to make tilesets. Disappointed in the appleII as they don’t quite look like the in-game product. That’s all I’m left with is the appleII and I’m only at LOA. I still have it, ROL, sci-fi, and spy-mystery.