Cryptozookeeper on IGS checklist

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Cryptozookeeper on IGS checklist

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I was invited to put Cryptozookeeper onto the IndieGameStand. They have a section for letting people "pay what they want" for games. I will keep Cryptozookeeper free, but hell, there's free games I've played that I would love to donate to.

So I think this is a checklist for getting it done.

1) I want to use the version with the changes that Roody made to help out with talking.

2) This means I need to put together a new Windows .zip file.

3) I want to use the latest Hugor that Nikos made, with full screen working correctly.

4) I should run through the game to make sure that there are no errors that came about from Hugor or the talking code.

5) I need to put together packages for Mac and Linux. It would be worthwhile to test the game on those systems as well, especially in seeing that they can go fullscreen with no trouble.

6) I should take some new screenshots and put them on IndieGameStand.

7) I should update the version on the Internet Archive for at least Windows, so there's not two versions of the game floating around.

8) I think there was a bug where you could take part of the first combiner machine with you. I believe I fixed it but I should make sure that bug isn't still there.

9) I should update the screenshots on http://www.cryptozookeeper.com. There are some odd screens there.

From there I think we're good!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Other suggestions:

I don't remember if the latest official version has my music code (so songs aren't repeated too often), and there's still the possibility of adding that hint system.

But yay, I'm always excited about CZK updates. Was just thinking earlier today how the next Hugor release will be a good reason to update the Facebook page.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yeah, I think that if the music code is in there for Crypto already then that's great, otherwise I will make sure I use it going forward for Cyberganked.

Let's see, can I cross anything off...

I do have two nice screenshots for IGS. So that's good.

Boy I haven't done anything else, really. On the other hand, I think work on the new house (for us) should slow down.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!