subreddit for Cyberganked

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

ICJ

subreddit for Cyberganked

Post by ICJ »

Mostly as an experiment, I created a subReddit for Cyberganked that you can access here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cyberganked/

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Also, Renga in Blue mentions Cyberganked as a game to watch out for in 2015. He is correct, it IS a game to watch out for.

Right now my development PC is in the unheated basement, so in order to program it I have to brave like 50 degree temperatures. I can't remember a game being as torturous to make as this one, ever.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh, I forgot. It's also almost impossible to get a wireless signal down here. BOY THIS IS GREAT. At least being without the Internet makes me understand what the game's player characters are going through.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Also, Renga in Blue mentions Cyberganked as a game to watch out for in 2015. He is correct, it IS a game to watch out for.
When you say "watch out for" do you mean as in "When The Blacklist returns it will be the show to watch out for," or as in "Watch out for that approaching bus before you get run over"?

---
Schlock Mercenary, August 3, 2008:
Captain Tagon:Wait. Ebby, if Schlock goes out make sure he's carrying something besides those two plasma cannons.
Ebinoth: When you say "'besides," do you mean "in addition to," or "instead of"? Because one of those is a really hard sell.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I would like you to start a thread on the Cyberganked subReddit about the game Cyberganked. I would really appreciate that. It would get everyone talking!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I would like you to start a thread on the Cyberganked subReddit about the game Cyberganked. I would really appreciate that. It would get everyone talking!
Done.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I should also add, which I forgot when I posted the previous message, if you want your games yo reach a larger audience there needs to be a version of the Hugo runtime for the Android platform, especially Android phones.

Rither that, or a version running within Unity.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote:I should also add, which I forgot when I posted the previous message, if you want your games yo reach a larger audience there needs to be a version of the Hugo runtime for the Android platform, especially Android phones.
Thank-you for the advice. Working in the field of text adventures and 80s CRPGs, audience size for my wares comes in 10,000th on the list of things I am worried about, right before the negative consequences of bareback sex and the negative consequences of bareback sex with your 'chair.

Teach the controversy!!!!!

I will now go to Reddit and read the thread. Thanks, pal!