Fallacy of Dawn Walkthrough

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Adolia

Fallacy of Dawn Walkthrough

Post by Adolia »

Hi guys, I've made a walkthrough for Fallacy of Dawn for those who would like it: http://clockworklady.livejournal.com/9392.html
And now it's on the IF archive: http://ifarchive.org/if-archive/solutio ... f_dawn.txt
I tried to play every step of the way at the time of writing to get everything as right as I can. If I've stuffed up, I do apologise. :oops:
Last edited by Adolia on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This is the greatest thing ever! Thanks for putting that together.

I'll make a note on the main page of the site and over Twitter ASAP!

Robb
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

That's awesome news, thanks. I've long meant to play through the game again, making a list of its many game references to make sort of a player's guide to understanding FoD, as I think there are little things that even a fairly knowledgeable player would miss. So, your walkthrough is great because it exists (while my guide does not) and it draws some attention to a good game.

You might want to additionally do things like: Have you already played through Necrotic Drift? If you haven't started yet, Robb and I have been working on "gold edition" that smooths out a little bit of the experience.

Lastly, just a couple years ago, I printed out a copy of the DVD cover sleeve (can't remember if this is out there on the net but I have it) and took it to a gaming convention where I had Eugene Jarvis sign it and sent it out to Robb. Good times.

In any case, thanks for sharing with us!

Adolia

Post by Adolia »

I've uploaded a .txt file to the Interactive Fiction Archive solutions. When that works, I'll be able to add this link to the thread, and my original post, and upload it to the IF Database. Fingers crossed it will all work!

Adolia

Re: Necrotic Drift

Post by Adolia »

I've just played through Necrotic Drift, I believe it was the Deluxe Edition. Should I get started on a walkthrough now or wait for the Gold Edition? :smile:

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Necrotic Drift

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Adolia wrote:I've just played through Necrotic Drift, I believe it was the Deluxe Edition. Should I get started on a walkthrough now or wait for the Gold Edition? :smile:
That edition is fine. Roody made some improvements but we haven't had a chance to bugtest them yet (and I don't think he released it to the general public yet). It's going to be a while before I can test it properly. I would love to read your thoughts on Necrotic Drift!

I can't thank you enough for playing and writing these walkthroughs. Your Fallacy of Dawn one was awesome!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Do you need bug testers for the latest NC build? I was actually about to boot it up....

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

You can get the beta here:
http://roody.gerynarsabode.org/beta/ndrift.hex

And then play it with the resource file from the original release.

Some undocumented commands:

MUSIC ON/OFF
SOUND ON/OFF
GRAPHICS ON/OFF/ORIGINAL/NEW- if you are playing the game with a high resolution, you'll be better off typing 'GRAPHICS ORIGINAL' to keep all of the graphics left-justified (otherwise, there will be gaps between the graphics)

Ok, think that's it. Anyhow, bug reports can be e-mailed to Robb with a CC to jonny.shine at gmail.