Spring Thing 2012

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Spring Thing 2012

Post by Flack »

I sent my e-mail today confirming my intent to enter the Spring Thing 2012 IF competition.

Have you?
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I did, however, there's been a bunch of things that have stopped me from doing any real work on it for a week now. I originally signed up thinking we had till May 31st to submit the game (an error) so it's unlikely that I'll be able to finish mine in time.

Maybe if I can get my Tempest miraculously working this weekend. :(
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I hear you. The biggest problem with mine at the moment is that ... I guess you could say my game has three acts, and the first act is fairly "guided". There are several things to look at and people to talk to but the real goal is to just push the player along to act 2. I'm trying to make act 1 more interesting but it's just a lot of setup, really.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

So, yeah, I did not get my intent in. I'm still finishing up a smaller game, and at this point, there's no way I could finish my larger WIP and give it the necessary weeks of betatesting in time.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

There is no way I am gonna finish in time. Save us, Flack! Don't whisper, "No."!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!