IndieCity

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

IndieCity

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I put Cryptozookeeper up on the site Indie City. I was first made aware of Indie City thanks to this Rock Paper Shotgun post: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/08 ... or-indies/

You can see Cryptozookeeper's page here: http://store.indiecity.com/game/Cryptozookeeper

I listed it for $0.99. I did this because it's the same version of the game that is available for free on the Internet Archive. The reason I am doing this is as follows:

1) I think this is a sharp site which is definitely doing what Steam, gog, Gamersgate and others don't want to do.

2) They aren't trying to grab anyone's intellectual property, and they are offering a good percentage of money back to the developers.

3) Their application process was rather quick and easy. The toughest part was getting the screenshots the right size. So, not that tough.

4) I would like to see a future game in 2012 or 2013 be a pay-only thing, and I'd rather get any mistakes I might make out of the way before it happens.

So think of the ninety-nine cents as being a way to play the game through Indie City's interface, and I just happen to benefit a little.

I really hope this takes off. It seems to be created by good people and their handling of credit cards so I don't have to is really a major point in their favor.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Downloadin' now.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Jesus Christ, why did you have to make this so big.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote:Jesus Christ, why did you have to make this so big.
For the music, and we have established that you believe my taste in music to be shit.

HOWEVER, and I'd like to stress this: there is no "pop punk" in this game. It is all electronica. So you might like it. Well, let's say you won't hate it for the same reasons you hate it when I normally speak of tunes.

I think your save game might work from before. I haven't recompiled the game or anything.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

It's mainly that large because of the music files. You can download a version on archive.org without the music, but I wouldn't recommend it. A lot of the tunes add a cool atmosphere to the game in my opinion.

I bought the boxed version of this game. Still playing it once in a while to find all the cryptids :cool:

Jizaboz

Whups

Post by Jizaboz »

Heh, timing. Also, congrats (and I agree I think it's a good idea) on selling it on indie city.

Ice Cream Jonsey

They did a video of the next 25 games they approved on their site, and Crypto (and our very own ChainGangGuy) is in it.

[youtube][/youtube]