Cryptozookeeper for sale: $15

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:There is no way to send a DVD to Germany for cheaper than what I sent it for and still have it be in a priority mail box.
Why is this packaging important? Why is it critical that it use a Priority Mail box at $16.21vs. an ordinary white or Kraft box at $7.21? Is there some reason this is necessary other than to waste eight dollars?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Hmm... there isn't. Though they - the USPS - sent me those for free.

Where could I get these "white" or "Kraft" boxes? It does seem like a lot of money to waste, regarding priority boxes, if the price per generic box is less than 8 bucks.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Hmm... there isn't. Though they - the USPS - sent me those for free.

Where could I get these "white" or "Kraft" boxes? It does seem like a lot of money to waste, regarding priority boxes, if the price per generic box is less than 8 bucks.
The Post Office itself sells plain white boxes for around $1. Kraft is the standard color of cardboard. Amazon.COM ships everything in Kraft boxes with their trademark of a smile on the side.

If you kept any old boxes that was used to send stuff to you, if they're the right size, those are "Kraft" boxes.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

How many copies for the Hitler mustache, Jonsey?

Let me repeat myself... HOW MANY COPIES FOR THE HITLER MUSTACHE?!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I've looked everywhere! It seems it's gone, Retro.... it's gone, man. :-=(

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote:How many copies for the Hitler mustache, Jonsey?

Let me repeat myself... HOW MANY COPIES FOR THE HITLER MUSTACHE?!
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I've looked everywhere! It seems it's gone, Retro.... it's gone, man. :-=(
"Game Over, man, Game Over!"
- Bill Paxton, Aliens

"She's gone, oh I, will have to learn how to take it."
- Hall and Oates

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

If you'd like to try your luck and get it for a little cheaper, I put an auction up here on GameGavel:

http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000644097

GameGavel was, at one point, intended to be an auction site that arcade gamers could use without dealing with ebay's horseshit. It's since been expanded to include all manner of console and vintage games.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Cryptozookeeper got a bit in this week's edition of THE BUDGET GAMER. Along with SWOOOORDS! Colon Lords of the Sword, Dukes and Dirigibles, VVVVVV and A Game for Ana. That's excellent company I find myself in. And I like the idea that the guy is going to play new games for $5 a week.

Check it out here: http://www.indiegamemag.com/the-budget- ... st-edition

Erebor

Much Belated Congratulations

Post by Erebor »

Robb,

You certainly deserve the 5 awards you won this time around, after all the work you've put in over the years on FoD, ND, and finally CZK. It's about time you got some recognition.

So, if I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now...
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU EARNED IT.

In a related query, wtf is the difference between "Best Story" and "Best Writing"? How did you not get both of those? Is "Best Writing" supposed to represent dialogue or scene descriptions, specifically... but not the overall story? Did someone supposedly write a better story, you know, minus the content?

--RB

P.S. I thought Lebbeus was a better NPC as a foil for Vest. Grimloft was the character I loved to hate. That is, I didn't feel too bad about sacrificing him. If the others hadn't complained, I probably would have gone with that ending.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Much Belated Congratulations

Erebor wrote:In a related query, wtf is the difference between "Best Story" and "Best Writing"? How did you not get both of those? Is "Best Writing" supposed to represent dialogue or scene descriptions, specifically... but not the overall story? Did someone supposedly write a better story, you know, minus the content?
Good question. Let's see, how would I put it? Is best story relating to what actually happens in the game? More, say, the plot? Rather than the individual words themselves?

What does best story mean to YOU, person who might be reading this?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Yes. To once again pilfer from the late, funny-looking Roger Ebert, the story is what it is about, and the writing is how it is about it.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I am donating a hard copy of Crypto to this year's Spring Thing text game competition!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Here is a video from the 2013 Oklahoma Video Game Expo in Tulsa, OK.

[youtube][/youtube]

Jump to the 1:45 mark and you can see two copies of Crypto being sold by ICJ himself!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

I was giving the guy change, but I do like that it seems like I gave the guy money to take the games.

That was the only time I sold anything. What odds that Jesse (the organizer) was filming at that time!

Hey... was I set up? Is this a GOD DAMN SETUP?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

That band seems awfully damn loud for this gathering.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The video doesn't do it justice. The band is at least 10x louder than that in real life. It's a common complaint every year that no one can hear the video games or each other talking for at least 2 hours.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."