There are in fact big plans for a re-release of ACS!

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

There are in fact big plans for a re-release of ACS!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

But by the end of the weekend, I will upload a simple, new version of the game that just does the following:

1) A couple new replacement pictures
2) Get rid of the stupid "search room" thing
3) One thing always bugged me, in so much that you can talk to all the bad guys in the beginning and still have to instigate a fight. Whoops! I will change it so that the fight happens... naturally.

Ideally, I'd like to replace all the pictures, but that's a little father off into the future.

90% of what I listed is also already done, so that's a boon, too.

That's it for MY TEXT GAME NEWS!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Didn't forget, it's just that this game is BUGGY AS SHIT. I'll list the ones I find as I go here.

1. When you use the help screen, it doesn't update the graphic.

Lysander

Post by Lysander »

I still think ACS is the most cynimatic game you've made to date--if you ever get around to doing a re-release did you ever think about doing sound effects and voice acting? i would be totally down with helping out for this
paidforbythegivedrewbetterblowjobsfundandthelibertyconventionforastupidfreeamerica

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yeah, I'll revisit this after Cryptozookeeper is finished. There is so much I need to revisit for ACS, it was gonna need all my attention. I guess I could throw up what I have so far? If I can still remember to do this tonight, I'll give it a shot.

I appreciate your offer! It's sort of throwing good resources after bad, though. I am gonna try to take a lesson from ACS and go into a three-act structure, 90 minute experience for what comes after CZK. Oh, it will cost more per-minute to shoot and make than any other text game this century, but that's OK.