Necrotic Drift - Question (and hollow praise)

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Draal

Necrotic Drift - Question (and hollow praise)

Post by Draal »

This game makes me miss the day when you could actually FEEL the LOVE and time designers actually put into thier video games (such as when you considered the thought put into a good book or a painting) and has been highly enjoyable.

However, right now I am stuck fighting the mummy (that is, grabbing the clove of garlic, knocking down the torch, and running) and then running back into the poltergeist... Can't figure this one out.

If anyone would take care to support my short coming, I would greatly appreciate it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Is the mummy giving you trouble, or is the poltergeist? If I remember right, you have to wait until the mummy is outside of the coffin before knocking the torch down. I think that tripped some people up and probably should be revised.

Glad you're having fun with it! And welcome to JC.

Robb
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Post by Guest »

Um ya.. Whats with the poltergeist?

Post by Guest »

Um ya.. Whats with the poltergeist?

Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Surprised the poltergeist gives so many people trouble. I think the problem is that the answer almost feels like cheating. Think about what the poltergeist is doing to you and what situation would prevent him from doing it. This is another "direct" solution. Don't highlight the below paragraph for the answer.

Remove all objects from the room the poltergeist is in so he has nothing left to chuck at you.
Last edited by Debaser on Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I'm pretty bad with giving hints, so I'll see if the King of all Cosmos can help One sec.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

King of all Cosmos

Post by King of all Cosmos »

WELL!!!

The Food Court certainly seems to be full of THINGS...

... What would happen if it were not full of THINGS....

Edit: !!! Damn you, Debaser

Debaser

Post by Debaser »

You didn't really edit that.

King of all Cosmos

Post by King of all Cosmos »

It was an edit on preview.

Draal

Post by Draal »

I actually figured out the poltergeist puzzle on my own (oddly enough). Now I'm stuck trying to get the blood for Casey (got the balloon.. Now what else..)

'nother guest

Mummy

Post by 'nother guest »

Hello,
I've been playing this very sweet game as well, and am trying to get past the mummy. I've got no problem solving it per se, but my health is critical, meaning I cant stay alive long enoughto knock down that torch, even after running away. Will I have to restart my game?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Jonsey, yer just gonna have to post a walkthru. Nemmind all these How- Do- I questions.

Or you could post a list of FAQ on different subjects in the game, then you could put sure death answers just to mess with people. How much spare time did you have?

THE
HARDEST PART ABOUT
CREATING GAMES IS
GIVING AWAY CLUES
AARDVARK

Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Robb, there's a health drink in one of the stores, right? Does that refill your health? In any case you really shouldn't be critical, like, at any time durring the game. Yo shouldn't have to restart the whole game though, just the fourth chapter at worst. But if you don't save before every knock-down drag-out fight knowing that there's a good chance you won't come out alive, well, you deserve to do it all over again. Jesus.
paidforbythegivedrewbetterblowjobsfundandthelibertyconventionforastupidfreeamerica

Post by Guest »

Seriously...

Every monster in this game can be killed in one or two hits. Only the ghast, poltergeist, and the mummy even have a chance to hurt ya if you mess around.

As far as I know, there arn't any health items in the game.

Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Yeah, the poltergeist has a chance to really mess you up, I forgot about that. If oyu know what you're doing, though, the ghast and mummy aren't too hard at all. If you know what you're doing, though, again. I don't think this is true, but I'd like to think that it is: the holy water oughta be healing, especially if the health drink isn't. May wanna do something about that, RobB.
paidforbythegivedrewbetterblowjobsfundandthelibertyconventionforastupidfreeamerica