Necrotic Drift

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Necrotic Drift

Post by Guest »

Hi, I'm a Guest.

I'm having trouble with the getting people to drink water. I think the ghast head is the right one, but I can't figure out the syntax for this thing. I tried "put water in head" but the parser doesn't respond to that. What's the right move to make?

(spoilers would be welcome)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

">pour water into head " should work.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Post by Guest »

Hi, I'm that Guest again.

Thanks for your reply!

I tried it first getting the water, and then directly pouring the water. Here's the result:

>pour water into head

>

Yeah! It didn't work. Sucks. Well, I tried everything else including putting the head into the fountain before pouring, and stuff. Thanks anyway, though I'm still stuck :sad:

Ice Cream Jonsey

Guest wrote:Hi, I'm that Guest again.

Thanks for your reply!

I tried it first getting the water, and then directly pouring the water. Here's the result:

>pour water into head
>
Oh my! That's not good. OK, I shall take a closer look at just what the problem is here. This sucks... sorry about this.

Robb

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ah! I have one small guess as to what the problem might be.

Are you in the last room there, the "Mall, First Level, North Edge" when you attempt to put the water into the head? Because it seems, according to my code, that if you try to put the water in the head in any other room you'll get the response that you got (which is "nothing," as noted above). This could very well be it.

So I guess (presuming you're trying it in another room -- if you are there then I need to look further) that I'd try it out there. Actually, I'll load the game up and see if I can reproduce it myself.

Thanks once again for bringing this issue to my attention!

EDIT: Yeah, I confirmed that it doesn't work if you're outside the last room there. =(

Post by Guest »

Hi, I'm Guest again.

I didn't know I was supposed to have to pour the water in the room, sorry about that.

But thanks for a great game! I really enjoyed it.

(One minor thing I noticed is that in the second level of the mall where the elevator is, you can type 'get all' and pick up the ghast. That's pretty sweet)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Whew! Glad that was it. I am going to correct that bug and release 1.02 to the general public. Thanks a bunch! Really glad you had some fun with it.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Guest wrote:Hi, I'm Guest again.

I didn't know I was supposed to have to pour the water in the room, sorry about that.

But thanks for a great game! I really enjoyed it.

(One minor thing I noticed is that in the second level of the mall where the elevator is, you can type 'get all' and pick up the ghast. That's pretty sweet)
Hey, you should stick around.
Good point Bobby!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

yes, please do. Become a gimmick poster and add snide commentary to the regulars. Sort of like tobasco sauce on pasta..whoops! wrong base!!

THE
METAPHORICAL
AARDVARK

AssClown

Post by AssClown »

AArdvark wrote:yes, please do. Become a gimmick poster and add snide commentary to the regulars. Sort of like tobasco sauce on pasta..whoops! wrong base!!
Hey, your a fag. Ha! Ha!

Worm

Post by Worm »

So, his "a fag", huh?
Good point Bobby!

bruce

Post by bruce »

Worm wrote:So, his "a fag", huh?
Thank you, Worm, for being a Grammar Nazi so I did not have to.

I would buy you a drink, except that, well, you don't drink.

Bruce