Necrotic Drift: released

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

icemann

Post by icemann »

Thankyou for you replies to my problem earlier.

But now I have another.

I have made it past the poltergeist + vampire successfully, but am stuck after that with Sydney. The reading part was easy enough (as I had what was required from earlier). But on the next step of drinking, I`ve not been able to figure out who exactly is the right person.

Gibs is the only one I`ve been able to talk to on the matter, and the flip posters earlier on mentioned "a girl with a key around her neck". I dont remember anyone of that description anywhere in the game at all. So I`m at a total loss :(.

I`ve tried simply "giving" water to everyone I could find but none of them would take it.

I knew for certain that neither Duffy nor Audrey were "right" for the water due to past stories told earlier.

Any help would be most appreciated :).

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Spoilers!
Pouring the water into the ghast's head will satisfy the requirement. The ghast's head ought to be in the room there with you. Hopefully.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Post by Guest »

Thanks again :smile:.

Finally finished the game. Great work. I found the game to be completely realistic (besides the monsters obviously) to the very end. First interactive fiction game I`ve played where I`ve connected with the characters and truelly cared about the outcome of situations. Truelly nice work. I created a thread over at the remakes.org and ttlg.com forums to let others know of this game.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to playing your next game.

icemann

Post by icemann »

The above post was from me. I forgot to type the username in :smile:.

icemann

Post by icemann »

Oh and here are the links to the threads I created on the above forums incase your interested:

ttlg forums:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87964

remakes.org forums:
http://www.remakes.org/website/forum/sh ... eadid=2678

Ice Cream Jonsey

Hey, thanks for spreading the word like that. That's really cool of you.

In other news, anyone getting a copy of the game on CD should be getting them soon: the box arrived last night and I'll be stuffing them into envelopes today. Excelsior!!

HG

Post by HG »

Fantastic game. Well done..... why is there an image of Lex on the front of the box?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Well, he plays the main character "Jarret Duffy." But in the game.... you, my friend... ARE Jarret Duffy!!

Worm

Post by Worm »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Well, he plays the main character "Jarret Duffy." But in the game.... you, my friend... ARE Jarret Duffy!!
Who is represented by Lex. I think the ability to make Lex do whatever is in the parser would be a great pitch to his friends at least.
Good point Bobby!

Post by Guest »

Worm wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Well, he plays the main character "Jarret Duffy." But in the game.... you, my friend... ARE Jarret Duffy!!
Who is represented by Lex. I think the ability to make Lex do whatever is in the parser would be a great pitch to his friends at least.
Fantastic... is his love interest Keza, by any chance?

Lex

Post by Lex »

An X-girlfriend is. She wouldn't get her tits out, but her bra is in there.
WHOOA!

Toreoffmywings

Post by Toreoffmywings »

On a completely unrelated note to say, oh, gameplay, I;ve downloaded the opening sequence music, and it's frikkin great and all, but is there a source for the rest of the in game music? I'd sure like to have it all on my playlist.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Toreoffmywings wrote:On a completely unrelated note to say, oh, gameplay, I;ve downloaded the opening sequence music, and it's frikkin great and all, but is there a source for the rest of the in game music? I'd sure like to have it all on my playlist.
I asked thsi when I wanted to get Candystripe from ACS. In short, no way to get it without a download. I think pinner and some other guy on here did it. If you search their old posts I'm pretty sure they put up their stuff.

I lost Candystripe.mp3 again too. =(
Good point Bobby!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'll post the songs tonight. I've still got them all as MP3s.

Gerrit is the other guy who supplied a song (the main theme). Ben "Pinback" Parrish did the rest of them.

Worm

Post by Worm »

Could you throw up candystripe too?
Good point Bobby!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I totally forgot to do this. I'm sorry.

Bumping to remind myself to upload them tonight.

Ice Cream Jonsey

If you have a digg account and want to throw me a bone, you can "digg" the following:

http://www.digg.com/pc_games/Dungeons_a ... _adventure

Thanks in advance!

Jack Straw

Post by Jack Straw »

I have a digg account but *don't* want to throw you a bone.

Waitwait... I have that transposed.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It's cool. I am (slightly) fascinated by what gets to the front page of Digg. Clearly, Top xx Lists do. Any current event does, and they have the typical Slashdot-poster entitlement thing going when it comes to people trying to take stuff away that the ease of duplicating bits provides.

But it all goes to my larger desire to find as many free game portals as I can, and get my stuff listed there. These games have this pop record quality to them... release it in 2004, people play it until about 2005 and that's it - what have you done for me lately? I'm working at about 1 year = 3 hours of gameplay, roughly and I want to get more bang for my time.