Red Dwarf Season XI

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Red Dwarf Season XI

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

The first episode, Twentica, is not the funniest episode of all-time. It doesn't advance one of the last two dangling plot threads that are left for Red Dwarf ("What happened after series 8" and "Will Kochanskie ever return?"). It was good to see everyone back and this is a perfectly acceptable starter episode. 2.5 out of 5 when ranked against other Red Dwarf shows.

I do wonder if this is still my favorite show. It blows my mind when I think that Jason Mitchell uploaded a Red Dwarf graphic to my dial-up BBS that existed from 1991-1998 and they are still making new episodes of this TV show.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

S11E02: Samsara

One of the best Red Dwarf episodes I have ever seen. The show excels when it's four idiots trapped together in a room and this episode was essentially that. Several laugh out loud moments all coming from who these people are and the fact that they've been together for over 11 seasons (TV time) and 28 years real-time.

In a way, you can tell if the episode is going to be a classic or not by how much they talk to each other versus doing things. This one is definitely a classic I'll watch a million times.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Out of order, but:

S11E06: Can of Worms

I am not finished with the episode, but it is already one of the ten-best episodes I've ever seen them make.