Deadpool

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I enjoyed the jerk off joke. That was the best joke in the movie, right, or am I crazy?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

It was the best joke of the movie, yes. Common ground.

Still wasn't a good movie. But the kids loved it, so good.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

loafergirl

Re: Deadpool

Post by loafergirl »

ICJ wrote:The best super-hero movie ever and a damn fine action flick.

HELL YES! I just watched that a few nights ago for the first time with my husband. I'm now seeking out the graphic novels.
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

AArdvark wrote:I havent seen any of these movies. It seems there's another superhero movie coming out every other weekend. Worse than keeping up with the comic boo...graphic novels.
Besides actually watching these movies, is there another way to enjoy them? Audiobook, maybe?

THE
READ ME A STORY
AARDVARK
NO VARK, you must WATCH Deadpool. Graphic scenes of violence, drenched in horribly sarcastic humor, and breaking of the 4th wall (or was it the 8th wall?!).
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

My husband has been telling me about Gwenpool, I may go off on that tangent after I read Deadpool proper.
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I feel like a terrible person for being unable to enjoy Deadpool... It was funny! Except if they were so aware of the comic movie tropes, why did they follow the same shitty formula while calling it out?
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Just saw this. It was OK. There was all this violent activity. I didn't get any of the comic book references. I knew they were comic book related but I didn't get teh funny. At one point Wade makes a Ryan Reynolds acting reference and I had to ask who that was. Boy, did I feel like a schmuck. Maybe if they actually used his name in the opening credits? I guess there were Green Lantern jokes in there as well. I didn't know he played GL. D'Oh on me!

Also watched Guardians of the Galaxy but turned it off just while they were escaping from space jail. Maybe comic book movies aren't my thing.

THE
DID SEE THE
STAN LEE CAMEOS THOUGH
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:Also watched Guardians of the Galaxy but turned it off just while they were escaping from space jail. Maybe comic book movies aren't my thing.
GotG was terrible. I liked Deadpool, but it wasn't fantastic. The best comic book movie ever made IS:

IS!!

I dunno. Dark Knight, but just because of Heath Ledger. The rest was... well.

Uhh.

Maybe comic book movies aren't my thing either, come to think of it.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

I was entertained by Deadpool, but it gave me the sense that most of its humor (the shock humor included) was recycled. Maybe it wasn't, and if so, maybe it's just a side-effect of meta humor; cynics like me will always think, okay, I bet that joke was already used in some comic blog somewhere.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Well, I'm seeing it on Tuesday at a theater, so I will give it a REWATCH and let you guys know whether it really is the best action flick since Die Hard or not. I suspect it still shall be.

loafergirl

Ant Man

Post by loafergirl »

I think Ant Man scored below GOTG. I think it was my 11 and 9 yo daughter's that pointed out the flaws with the weight density thing with giant Thomas the Tank Engine and the tank key chain thing... it was also mentioned in Youtube superhero cafe. Funny... but flawed.
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I know what it was. There was something about Deadpool that struck me as familiar. I just remembered. Deadpool is Ace Ventura in a costume. Without all the facial expressions.

THE
ASS ME NO
QUESTIONS
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

We had a group event at Red Rocks tonight, went to see Deadpool. Still the best comic book movie and best action movie in a long time. It holds up to repeated viewings. Yum??

loafergirl

Deadpool Reading

Post by loafergirl »

If you have an opportunity

Deadpool Kills The Marvel universe
and
Deadpool vs The Classics

both very enjoyable
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Wait a second ICJ - are you just comparing Deadpool to the other only semi-tolerable comic book flicks from the last decade or is it actually a good film unto itself?
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I watched Deadpool and the funniest part was the fake credits at the opening "Directed by Some Unimportant Douchebag" or whatever it said.

The only thing that - if you can consider him being to hard on himself - was when he was fighting all those henchmen on the Freeway - was that in none of the cases was he really committing murder, all of them were trying to kill him which essentially makes it self defense.

As for the scene at the end, if you go by "law of the jungle justice" then the guy whom he blew his brains out did enough things that you could justify a vigilante execution.

As for Guardians of The Galaxy I liked the movie, although the Cinema Sins review on You Tube (Everything Wrong with Guardians of the Galaxy) mentioned something I didn't think about: He had a walkman tape player on him when he was abducted, and now, some 28 years later, the player still works, the cassette tape is still usable despite probably being played hundreds of times, and how exactly does he get AA batteries? They have Radio Shack stores around Saturn?
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

AArdvark wrote:I know what it was. There was something about Deadpool that struck me as familiar. I just remembered. Deadpool is Ace Ventura in a costume. Without all the facial expressions.

THE
ASS ME NO
QUESTIONS
AARDVARK
No, no Vark.
I despised Ace Ventura, and Deadpool I'd kick him out of bed, to do him on the floor, and then on the table, in the shower, on the counter (at least in fantasy).
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ok, well, that's thirty minutes of J-O material I'll replace with booze.