Star Wars 7 (Non-Spoiler Thread)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Star Wars 7 (Non-Spoiler Thread)

Post by pinback »

This is the NON-spoiler thread, which Jonsey will insist means nobody can post anything here, because if he hears what kind of sandwich you had for lunch the day you saw it, he'll think it's a spoiler and flip out on you.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You had a sandwich the day you watched Star Wars? Great. So now I know it wasn't so intense that you couldn't eat.

Amazing. Jerk says "no spoilers" and posts a spoiler.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

Considering how Lucas fucked up the God-awful prequels, I was kind of worried how he was going to shit on #7. At least he got someone else to direct.

Expect a lot of lens flare as J. J. Abrams makes his attempt to shit on #7. Like what he's done with Transformers. When does it open, anyway? I'm still thinking I want to go see it.
"Turn left at Greenland"
- Ringo Starr on how he found America, The Beatles Press Conferemce, 1964

pinback

Post by pinback »

Donald Ebinsen wrote:Expect a lot of lens flare as J. J. Abrams makes his attempt to shit on #7. Like what he's done with Transformers.

When does it open, anyway? I'm still thinking I want to go see it.
Not for a while now, you've still got plenty of time.

God, what a great post, Paul. YOU DO YOU, baby. You do you.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I didn't care for some of what J.J. Abrams did with Battlestar Galactica, either.

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

pinback wrote:
Donald Ebinsen wrote:Expect a lot of lens flare as J. J. Abrams makes his attempt to shit on #7. Like what he's done with Transformers.
[Idiotic multiple repeated links to the same You Tube sound, essentially a buzzer indicating a whrong answer.]
Exactly in what fashion is what I said objectively wrong? What is your evidence and facts to support what you have to say?

1. Does J.J. Abrams tend to use lens flare (especially where it isn't necessary) on a regular basis in the movies he makes?
2. Has J.J. Abrams ever done one or more films which it is reasonable to state thet the fillm is badly made, a not entertaining movie and/or is out-and-out unwatchable?
3. Is it reasonable for a person to have seen one or more Transformers films or see reviews of these films and come to the conclusion that they are badly made or otherwise fall into the category of question #2?

If any or all of these are true then how is my statement wrong? What's your evidence?

"Positive claims require positive evidence. Execeptional claims require exceptional evidence. Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
"Turn left at Greenland"

Fraser

Post by Fraser »

JJ Abrams never worked on one frame of the Transformers movies.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Mainly that, yes.

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

Fraser wrote:JJ Abrams never worked on one frame of the Transformers movies.
First, My apologies for mistaking J.J. Abrams for Michael Bay, I had gotten the (clearly erroneous) impression from some statements that he also did Transformers.

Second, are you always a pedantic asshole?

All you had to do for the original response was post five words "Abrams never made Transformers." Or "Abrams never worked on Transformers." Either of which would have been much more devastating and far more effective.

So you end up wasting posts for about six messages because you're too much of an asshole to just make a simple response. Even your overly dramatic final response would have been better than the stupid initial response you originally made.

Pkease excuse the length of this message. I'm just really trying to figure out why you act so much like a bastard. Is it because you still have a plan for world domination that begins by driving everyone off this BBS?
"Turn left at Greenland"

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

And you pissed me off so badly I miscounted the number of words in the first example.
"Turn left at Greenland"

pinback

Post by pinback »

All of your posts are terrible lately. Do something about this immediately.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

And change the SIG to read: 'TURNED left at Greenland.'

You want to be accurate as well as funny.

THE
QUOTABLE
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Donald Ebinsen wrote:
Fraser wrote:JJ Abrams never worked on one frame of the Transformers movies.
First, My apologies for mistaking J.J. Abrams for Michael Bay, I had gotten the (clearly erroneous) impression from some statements that he also did Transformers.

Second, are you always a pedantic asshole?

All you had to do for the original response was post five words "Abrams never made Transformers." Or "Abrams never worked on Transformers." Either of which would have been much more devastating and far more effective.

So you end up wasting posts for about six messages because you're too much of an asshole to just make a simple response. Even your overly dramatic final response would have been better than the stupid initial response you originally made.

Pkease excuse the length of this message. I'm just really trying to figure out why you act so much like a bastard. Is it because you still have a plan for world domination that begins by driving everyone off this BBS?
It's this kind of shit I can't stand, Paul. You want to be told when you're writing shitty messages? Here ya go. Here's one.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Also he thought he was replying to me, but was instead replying to poor, innocent Fraser, who now will probably never come back. :(

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

pinback wrote:Also he thought he was replying to me, but was instead replying to poor, innocent Fraser, who now will probably never come back. :(
And I apologize, I probably should not be so quick to make replies when I'm angry.
"Turn left at Greenland"

Donald Ebinsen

Post by Donald Ebinsen »

Oh shit, am I pissed. When I tried to post this message it was blanked out, meaning there is a character in the posting that PHPBB does not like, so a bug in the software completely empties the post, zeroing it out to a blank message. So I was cutting the message and going to paste it back a block at a time until I found the bad characters and deleted them.

I don't know how I made the mistake, but I clicked on "submit" instead of "preview" and thus posted only a piece of my reply. Here's the rest.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
pinback wrote:All of your posts are terrible lately. Do something about this immediately.
I was just really upset that you made an asininely stupid comment with that multiple link reference to a buzzer sound instead of doing in the first place what Frazier did that I mistook for you simply and plainly stating the answer.
AArdvark wrote:And change the SIG to read: 'TURNED left at Greenland.'

You want to be accurate as well as funny.

THE
QUOTABLE
AARDVARK
"(Media question to Beatles during first U.S. tour 1964)
"How do you find America?"
"Turn left at Greenland."
- Ringo Starr
https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes ... ingo_Starr

Check the following video at roughly 0:20 and the word he uses is clearly "turn" NOT "turned".
[youtube][/youtube]

Since two different sources agree with me - including the original speaker - I stand by my statement.
"Turn left at Greenland"

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I like my interpretation better, so change it.

THE
STEADFAST
AARDVARK

ps. I hate it when he's right.