Lost

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Lost

Post by Flack »

So, I never saw Lost. I never saw a single episode. I didn't hear the buzz until halfway through the first season and I never rented or bought it and I was behind and, well, shit happens.

(Due to all the hype, I did watch or at least sat through the last episode, which in retrospect was pretty stupid.)

I just got seasons one through three and watched the first four episodes last night instead of getting sleep like I should for work. So today at work I was like "Holy shit that show was awesome!" and everybody rolled their eyes.

I probably won't read any responses to this thread because I don't want any spoilers. I get the gist of it so far and I'm really enjoying it.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

So...

...can we respond? Wh-- I have thoughts on this topic!

I guess I can say, after the first four (and more) episodes, I felt the same way you do, Flack! Don't take any shit from your idiotic coworkers.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Re: Lost

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:So, I never saw Lost. I never saw a single episode. I didn't hear the buzz until halfway through the first season and I never rented or bought it
That makes two of us. I've never watched any part of it, I don't even know anything about it at all.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

Flack

Post by Flack »

I'm coming up on the end of Season Two, and I'm still hooked. My wife is dragging me down. If it were up to me I would watch 3-4 episodes a night but she's all into this whole "being around the kids" thing.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Do keep us up to date as you go through the remaining seasons!

I... I have thoughts on this matter, but will attempt to keep it quiet until you're done!

Do what I do: Put 'er to bed early, then spend the wee hours on the couch, watchin', watchin', watchin' away!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I just finished Season 3, so I'm slightly past the halfway mark (the first three seasons have more episodes than the last three).

During the show's original run I remember a lot of talk about whether or not the characters were actually dead or not, but after watching Season 3, I can't imagine any other explanation. Maybe the debate comes in later seasons, but when someone shows up on your island and says, "Hey, you guys are all dead!" ... survey says, DOA.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Keep it goin', Flack! Can an interesting Lost discussion be far down the road?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ah, the old "it was a planted plane at the bottom of the ocean full of different dead people." Shoulda guessed that one.

2 episodes left until the end of season 4. Also, who knew that the 4th season was going to be full of flash "forwards", which point to the fact that they're not dead. Except they are.

God damn this show.

pinback

Post by pinback »

It keeps the mysteries comin'!

Go go go Flack!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Just finished Season 5.

KA-BLOOEY!

Off to the sixth and final season.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oh boy oh boy! Goooo FLACK!!

I can't wait to talk some LOST!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Seven episodes to go. Will definitely finish up this weekend or next week at the latest -- wifey is out of town next week, which is always good for TV show watching.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Yaaaay!

GET READY FOR LOST TALK!!!

(Starring Pinner and Flack!)

Flack

Post by Flack »

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Finished season 6 tonight, along with the bonus mini-episode from the DVD.

Flack

Post by Flack »

God damnit Pinner, don't tease me. I DID MY TIME. Let's get Losting!!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Alright!

It fucking SUCKED. I don't know what rape feels like, but I am pretty confident that sitting through the entirely of Lost was similar, except hundreds of times worse.

Jesus, what a fucking pile of shit. I will never re-watch a single episode.

Six years of twisting tales and mysteries, with a SOCIAL CONTRACT that they would tell you the answers at the end, and they cop out and try to convince you it was ABOUT THE CHARACTERS! AND FEELINGS!

FUCK. YOU.

My be-all end-all argument about this is: They don't even explain the numbers. Since season 1, the numbers are the coolest part. PARTLY BECAUSE YOU KNEW THEY MEANT SOMETHING!! AND THAT SOME DAY, YOU WOULD FIND OUT WHAT THAT WAS!!

ERRRRR NOPE! It was just some WACKY SHIT! Don't need to explain it just like EVERY OTHER THING THAT HAPPENED IN THE ENTIRE SHOW, because we learned all about the CHARACTERS AND THEIR FEELINGS.

FUCK THESE CHARACTERS, FUCK THEIR FEELINGS. They only existed to push the story further. Everyone knew that except the retarded writers they turned the thing over to after Abrams left. They thought the story was just there to push the CHARACTERS. Or more likely, they were just too stupid to figure out what to do, so they thought they'd steal their paychecks as long as they could and then come up with some picture-perfect ending that would hoodwink enough people to maybe get another job in their field some time in their lifetime.

Which I hope they do not, and which I'm sure they will.

Jesus fucking Christ. The first two seasons were just searingly, achingly good. And by the end, I didn't ever want to hear about it, ever again.

Even the Weezer album makes me nauseous to look at.

FUCK LOST.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I suspect part of the reason I wasn't as disappointed or frustrated as you were with the show's ending was the fact that I only spent nine weeks (versus six years) working my way through the story. If I had been watching the show in real time, I probably would have lost interest at some point during Season Five with all the time traveling.

I'm not going to take the position of trying to explain the numbers or any of Lost's mysteries, but I could probably be goaded into taking the position that most of those things didn't matter to me. By the end of the series we know that the six numbers represent the six candidates. We also know that half of the cast of Lost has time-traveled, Jacob has been alive for 2,000 years, and several cast members have interacted directly with his ghost. We also know that what happens on the island apparently affects what happens in the other timelines. So for me, it wasn't a big stretch to think that the numbers related to Jacob's six candidates (any of which could have taken over as protector of the island) could have "leaked" off the island and into the protagonists lives.

But yeah, I definitely think taking the position of defending all the goofy shit that happened on the island is a losing stance.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, you make some interesting posts. However,

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I want to make a comment.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

ICE CREAM ROBB HAS A COMMENT, EVERYONE SHUT UP YOU GUYS