The Binge (2020)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

The Binge (2020)

Post by Flack »

In The Binge, all drugs and alcohol have been made illegal 364.5 days a year. For one twelve hour period each year called the Binge, anyone over the age of 18 can legally drink, smoke, ingest or inject any substance they want.

Skyler and Hags, along with most of their high school's senior class, plan to participate in their first Binge. The first thing they need to do is acquire wristbands to allow them access to the festivities, which they can only get from their weird friend Andrew. Skyler is the nice friend who plans to ask his secret crush Lena to the prom and will be going to college after graduation, Hags is the popular kid who makes sexual jokes and has no post-high school plans, and Andrew is... well, McLovin. This film is literally Superbad (and all those films like it) rehashed.

Meddling with the kids' plans is Lena's father, Principal Carlsen (played by Vince Vaughn). The Principal does his best to persuade the kids not to partake in the Binge, but as the plot unfolds, it eventually becomes evident that if you can't beat 'em, you join 'em.

This movie is full of plotadoxes, my own word for events that would be easily remedied in real life, but go unresolved in order to awkwardly move a plot forward. When the three teens find themselves without a ride to the party, none of them think about using Lyft or Uber. When autocorrect changes a text Skyler's sends to Lena to something awkward, he never considers responding with "oops autocorrect" even though this has happened to everyone who texts. Perhaps the most unrealistic aspect of the film is that a bunch of 18 year olds who have never "partaken" manage to consume (from memory) six shots of whiskey, a joint, thirty tacos filled with magic mushrooms, and a Scarface-sized pile of cocaine, mostly to no affect.

All of this culminates in The Gauntlet, a yearly competition of events that takes place during the Binge. I'm not going to say it's ridiculous, but one event has the school principal drinking "purple drank" and spinning around in circles before having to place a doughnut on an alligator's head "who hasn't eaten in a week and has been listening to EDM music all day."

Summary: The Binge is a parody of The Purge that made me want to purge after binging it.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Re: The Binge (2020)

Post by Tdarcos »

And the sequel will be called "The Vomit."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Re: The Binge (2020)

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:19 pm And the sequel will be called "The Vomit."
Hahahaha. GOT EM

Yeah man, this movie sounds awful! Also, Purple Drank?! The ingredients to that cocktail are cough syrup and grape soda? Who the hell would drink that poison when the real thing is available?!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻