Bill and Ted Face the Music (2020)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Bill and Ted Face the Music (2020)

Post by Flack »

Minor Plot Spoilers Ahead

I thought the song performed in concert by Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted "Theordore" Logan at the end of Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey was the song that declared Wyld Stallyns the greatest band of all time, thus bringing peace to earth. Apparently not. When we catch up with Bill and Ted, it seems they've spent the past 25 years achieving almost nothing. They're still married to the princesses and each have a teenage daughter that resembles them, but fame and fortune and world peace never came.

After Rufus's daughter Kelly (played by Kristen Schaal) arrives to inform the boys they have approximately an hour and a half to record the greatest song ever or the world will end. This sends Bill and Ted traveling into the future in an attempt to find the song, and their daughters (Billie and Thea, aka B and T) into the past to put a band together for their parents.

If the point of the second film was that a single song can bring people together, the point of the third film is that the world can come together by playing music together. Anyone irritated by the overall whiteness of the first film will be glad to learn this time Bill and Ted are backed by three black men, a black woman, and an Asian woman. Whether this is seen by the public an attempt to be inclusive or an appropriation of other cultures' music remains to be seen.

If you've seen the trailer, watched the first two movies, and have a soft spot for dopey nostalgia, you already know if this is for you.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Re: Bill and Ted Face the Music (2020)

Post by Tdarcos »

"You can't stop it, you can't stop, stop the music."
(Falsetto) "You don't really wanna stop, nooooo!"
- McFadden and Whitehead

I have just one question: How broke was Keanu Reeves that he had to do this movie?

I've heard of some professionals who either had tax problems or overspending problems who got offered a huge payout of problem solving cash to do something which was arguably not very good.

"People ask me why I'm playing in this picture. The answer is simple: Money, dear boy."
— Laurence Olivier, on his role in Inchon

"Money: It turns out if you offer Robert de Niro enough of it, he'll appear in The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle."
—John Oliver, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

According to WealthyGorilla.com, Keanu Reeves current net worth is $360 million.

I'm not sure spending a lot of money on a film and then releasing it direct to video in the middle of a pandemic is part of any sane person's "get rich" plan.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Flack, I hope you torrented or binaried this instead of paying $20 to stream it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This has made -- whoa! CO!

Why wouldn't you help these guys by paying for it legitimately?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Casual Observer wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:31 pm Flack, I hope you torrented or binaried this instead of paying $20 to stream it.
Bogus.