Glass (2019)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Glass (2019)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Well made, but I don't understand what the point of it was.

If anyone else saw it we can make this a spoiler thread I guess?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Re: Glass (2019)

Post by pinback »

Spoiler: "M." "Night" Shyamalan is a hack who couldn't make a decent movie with a shotgun to his penis. I don't know why he keeps getting money to make fil--

("Glass" #1 at box office since its release)

Hmm?

Ah.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:48 pm Well made, but I don't understand what the point of it was.
Well, the first point is James McAvery gets my wife wet so i should be gettin some after this bar. Apparently he's an amazing actor plus sexy. Second point us MNS (fuck spelling his name) always has to have a twist and there is one, so check. Third, I enjoyed Split and Unbreakable but the action was better than U and there was less multiple personality drama than S, just got right to the beast. I get MNS obsesses with a central idea and combines that with a twist and calls it a day and this time it was a comic book origen story arc (spoiler).

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Wait, this is part of the Bruce Willis rain cape anti-hero movie? Huh.

THE
ALWAYS
LAST TO KNOW
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

It is - so - has anyone seen it??

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:36 pm It is - so - has anyone seen it??
Didn't you read my post, obviously I saw it because I gave a spoiler about Mr. Glass' last words.

Casual Observer

AArdvark wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:27 pm Wait, this is part of the Bruce Willis rain cape anti-hero movie? Huh.

THE
ALWAYS
LAST TO KNOW
AARDVARK
Yeah, for this one Unbreakable was combined with another of M Night's films, Split which was about a multiple personality serial killer (of high school girls) that has the ability to change aspects of his physical form based on different personalities. The twist in that one was that he let one of the girls go after he realized that she had been abused too. The new movie was kind of foreshadowed when he showed Bruce Willis at the end.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I just watched it. I didn't want to, but people kept telling me I should.

After Sixth Sense (which was amazing,) I watched a few more of Shyamalan's movies. They were either crap throughout, or were quite OK and slowly building up to something that seemed is gonna be totally awesome, only for Shyamalan to then pull down his trousers and take a giant diarrhea dump on his own movies in the end. At some point I swore to never watch another Shyamalan movie again.

Glass started out OK. It even went on OK for a while. It seemed to be a love letter to comics, and building up to something totally awesome. Then, Shyamalan pulled down his trousers and took a giant diarrhea dump on it.

What was I expecting?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Casual Observer

RealNC wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:04 am It seemed to be a love letter to comics

What was I expecting?
If it had Unbreakable in it then it had to be about comics, that was the whole thing about that movie. He added split but mr. glass was always going to make it a comic book arc. Split is actually pretty good on its own as a multiple personality serial killer movie, where bruce willis does an unbreakable cameo in the last 5 min.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ready to discuss it if anyone has seen it!

Casual Observer

Ok, what'd you think?