Anyone watching Netflix's new Lost in Space?

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Anyone watching Netflix's new Lost in Space?

Post by Casual Observer »

Binge watched the first few episodes of this and was pleasantly surprised.

Of course everyone knows the original show, the comedy with Robbie the Robot. This new one is not a comedy at all, just a pretty solid sci fi adventure show. It jumped right into the action with a pretty awesome crash scene and just keeps rolling with disasters and problems throughout the episodes.

A few flashbacks to give backstories but nothing annoying like westworld. The best thing is that the dialogue isn't cheesy or sappy like Seth Macfarlane's "The Orville", the characters are pretty believable. Caught a couple sci fi shortcuts (like ice freezing way too quick) but not enough to cause too much disbelief. The acting is not bad, one of the main characters was a regular on House of Cards.

Lately I've been getting pissed at Netflix: either original movies being just really badly written or i've gotten into a series that didn't get continued so this helps their case with me a bit.

AArdvark

Re: Anyone watching Netflix's new Lost in Space?

Post by AArdvark »

I saw the first episode. Didn't have the sound on cause I can't stand all the talking but I got the gist of it. I won't be watching the rest of the episodes but the visuals and special effects looked ok.

THE
HALF THE CONTENT
NONE OF THE GARBAGE
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

He literally saw the first episode.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

AArdvark wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:16 pm I saw the first episode.
Up to episode 7, still better than BSG or House of Cards by this time.

Casual Observer

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:04 pmCaught a couple sci fi shortcuts (like ice freezing way too quick) but not enough to cause too much disbelief.
Ok, I was wrong about this part. By episode 10 the sci-fi shortcuts have gone off the charts. They spent two entire episodes around the idea that their ships can't take off from the planet without shedding tons of weight including navigation stuff and the thing that keeps people from passing out on takeoff. Then two episodes later all the ships took off successfully without any mention of weight.

Fucking scifi writers and consistency. I blame Netflix for pushing this shit out too fast and cutting corners with the plot.