AArdvark

Batman 1985

Post by AArdvark »

Gfg

pinback

Re: Batman 1985

Post by pinback »

You gotta stop drinking, buddy.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Actually it was 1989. I tried to edit the title but no joy.
Just re-watched this. It's the best and worst of the Batman movies. Best Joker, Burton doesn't let Jack get really real. If he did the movie would be Natural Born Killers in tights. plus it'd go to an R rating in a heartbeat. Cant make money off'n the kids in a R movie.

Keaton is Ok as Bats. Not great, just Ok. Everyone else is meh. Nicholson could have won an Oscar if Tarantino directed it.

Just imagine if there were tits and blood,huh! Huh!

Found myself quoting lines, that proves the movie is good

THE
FOUR OUT OF FIVE
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I wish they would make a Slam Bradley (the dude who was a main star of Detective Comics before Batman was introduced) movie but hahahah that will never happen.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

One of the things about the movie is that Joker could have been way more bad-ass, like Darth Maul in Phantom Menace. You could see how it COULD have been, but it wasn't. Oh, and the Prince songs sound like they were shoe-horned in now. Back in 1989 they fit, but now...

THE
ADVERTISEMENT,
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

Even though I was not a huge fan of Batman, when that film came out it was like the biggest movie premiere in the world. Batman was everywhere. My friends and I went to Taco Bell every day just to try and collect all four of those 32oz plastic cups. It was crazy.

The weekend it came out, a bunch of my friends and I decided to go see it. We had to! Then I found out they were all wearing cool Batman shirts and I didn't have one, so I went to the flea market and got some generic rip-off one -- a white shirt with an almost-right logo on the front.

On the Friday we were set to go to the movies, I came home and discovered my mom had (a) washed the shirt in hot water (which made it shrink), and (b) with something red, which turned the formerly white shirt pink.

So while I never danced with the devil in the pale moonlight, I did go see the Batman premiere wearing a too-tight pink t-shirt, which is close.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

One other thing I noticed was that the brightness of the movie kept fluctuating. It looked exactly like the Macrovision copy protection some VHS tapes had back in the 90s. I thought it was weird as it was on Netflix and surely THEY didn't rip Batman from a VHS tape.

THE
OR DID THEY?
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I didn't bring my glasses to the first whathisface Batman movie, the goth dude. I saw it blurry, myself. :(
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!