Movies Where Everyone Dies At The End

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Movies Where Everyone Dies At The End

Post by Casual Observer »

Sorry if there was a previous thread about movies where everybody dies at the end but the search found nothing and I don't feel like reading through every page of this base.

Life (2017)

The wife and I watched this (i think on Netflix) and I don't care if this is a spoiler because it wasn't very good: everyone dies at the end.

Apparently this movie did pretty well last year but the critics panned it as unoriginal. The critics were mostly right, this movie is a derivative mixture of Alien, Space, Abyss, and . . . um . . . I guess this episode of Gi Joe:

Basically, a crew of scientists on the ISS receives samples of dirt from Mars with the hope of finding life. They find a single cell organism, shock it back to life, then it starts growing super fast. Long story short, it grows every time it eats something and goes on to eat most of the crew in some fairly tense scenes including Abyss like closing hatches on people so they die. In the end all of the characters in the movie die and we're left with the expectation that everyone on earth might also because there seems to be nothing to stop it eating and getting bigger.

Flack

Re: Movies Where Everyone Dies At The End

Post by Flack »

Okay, I'll play.

Palmer's Pick-up (1999)

Forgive the brevity and sloppiness of this review. Trust me, it's all it deserves. I don't remember any of the characters' names, but I remember some of the actors.

Robert Carradine (Palmer) and his friend own a shipping company. They are hired by Soupy Sales (playing an old man in a wheelchair) the day before Christmas to deliver a crate from California to the man's friend (Garrett Morris) in Florida. Soupy Sales refuses to tell them what's in the crate, but does tell them that if Morris doesn't dump it into the Bermuda Triangle by midnight, Y2K, it will mean the end of the earth. Robert Carradine suspects the crate contains the remains of Morton Downey, Jr., a deceased talk show host who may or may not have also been the devil. (In the movie, not in real life.)

Carradine and his partner drive cross country and run into a zillion stupid obstacles, mostly in the form of people. There are a couple of hitmen, a man-hating Rosanna Arquette, a Siamese twin made up of Grace Jones and some white guy, and a bunch of other dummies. This movie is so bad it feels like you are driving across the country in real time.

The two morons arrive in Florida with minutes to spare, but end up screwing up the delivery and open the crate instead of getting it to Morris. This is the last shot of the film.

(That's the earth.)
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Cool, the revenge of the nerds guy, gotta check it out.

Here's another one to get this going into a real thread:

Dr. Strangelove, the entire movie in a few animated gifs:

Flack

Post by Flack »

What about...

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Well, we don't know that for a fact, Jack Flack. Now do we.

How does the terrible 2010s-era remake end?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:08 pm Well, we don't know that for a fact, Jack Flack. Now do we.

With the beginning of the 1982 movie.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Too soon?

pinback

Post by pinback »

holy shit

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:31 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:08 pm Well, we don't know that for a fact, Jack Flack. Now do we.

With the beginning of the 1982 movie.
Are you making this up? I watched the first 10 minutes before turning it off because it wanted to be sooooo bad. I don't remember it starting like that, though.

Are you sure? Are you REALLY sure?

pinback

Post by pinback »

You asked how it ENDED. It ended with the beginning of the 1982 movie. It was the story of the Norwegians that Kurt Russell & Co. find at the beginning of the 1982 movie.

It was a "prequel", not a remake (although it was also a remake.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh. I didn't know that. It was terrible from what I saw, so that was that.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I didn't think it was good, but I didn't think it was terrible. Not GOOD, nobody's saying GOOD. Not TERRIBLE, though.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

When Worlds Collide (1951) - Everyone still on earth dies, which is everyone but the 100 people on the escape ship.

"Waste anything but time - it's irreplaceable."
- Work Poster at rocket ship construction site, When Worlds Collide
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.