Logan (2017)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Logan (2017)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Watched this last night - a beautifully shot action movie with an extremely somber tone. I wanted to say that I liked it, and that it's almost impossible to discuss without spoilers. So let's put in a spoiler gap, OK?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Logan (2017)

OK, before I forget, then:

It appears that Logan is meant to be the "last' movie with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and Patrick Stewart's Professor X. Something got rid of most of the mutants and I think it's because Professor X's mind was starting to go. Logan is dying, Professor X is dying and there is this prevailing feeling of hopelessness throughout the entire thing. This is not the invincible Wolverine we are accustomed to.

We find out that there's a group of mutant kids and Logan avoids the call to adventure for as long as he can. He tries to get the kids into Canada. The description of this sounds terrible - my fault. Each scene in the movie works on an individual basis. There are so many interesting bits and I gotta admit that there are so many cool bits, too - when Professor X has everyone frozen with his brain and Wolverine has to use his claws to fight past it and help him.

I don't know what I want to say about it. It's interesting that there have been so many comic book movies now that we are seeing this one -- a "smaller" film in so much as it wasn't like all the other ones where the bad guy is inches from destroying the world and there's a fight with a slow motion part where he gets stopped. If you took the claws out of it, this could very well be a non-comic movie. And it's great to see the genre change into something. Maybe not something meaningful, but something different. The performances are all excellent. I think killing off comic book characters is stupid - each comic character's entry on the Wikipedia has a "Death" and "Resurrection" section - but this is as good as it can get, I think.

This is a four-star movie in a completely different way that Deadpool was for me.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Loved it. Especially how the little girl was chopping off heads in a very brutal manner. Movies with a child actor in them usually suck. This one didn't. It's probably the fact that she wasn't talking much. Usually, as soon as a child actor opens their mouth, the movie goes off the cliff and becomes shit.

10/10

Ice Cream Jonsey

Everyone did get chopped up nicely. That was my favorite part of the film. Jackman did a great job throughout playing the baddest dude of the planet getting sick.