Rolling Stone's Top 100 TV show list

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Rolling Stone's Top 100 TV show list

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Does not have Kids in the Hall, Red Dwarf or Community on it. (It has The State, but not KitH, mind you.)

Breaking Bad 3, Wire 2 and Sopranos 1. It, like all Rolling Stone lists, is so terrible you just have to laugh at it. I should link it, but it sucks, so no.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Re: Rolling Stone's Top 100 TV show list

Post by Tdarcos »

1. You should have included the link so people could find the original article. There's no way to judge your comments unless we can see the original article. Here: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/lists/1 ... me-w439520
2. This article is a year-and-a-half old; it's kind of a bit on the late side to complain about it; however you probably didn't know about it until the last day or so.
3. Any list of top items is by definition, subjective and is dependent on the reviewer(s) taste. Many people think the greatest science fiction writer Robert A. Heinlein's I Will Fear No Evil to be his weakest work. I, on the other hand, still liked it although I can see why some people are somewhat disappointed.
4. Some of the shows I'd heard of, e.g. Your Show of Shows, but I have no idea how it was, as I never saw it, having gone off the air before I was even born). Some may have been unavailable because I watched something else when I had no means to record a show or because I did not know of its existence or wasn't interested in the genre.
5. Because different seasons of different shows are of different quality a reviewer might discard a (good) show based on seeing one or more clinkers or select (a bad) one based on a tiny number of decent or really good episodes. Some shows go downhill because of cast changes or staff changes ("cast" being anyone on-camera, "staff" being anyone behind the camera).
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Wrong move - I didn't want to link it because it was a horrible list and I meant it. I have edited your post to remove the link.

I think I don't have to explain the other reasons as to why we don't want that linked. Thanks and I appreciate you not editing your post to put it back in.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Top 100 television shows of all time.

#92, American Idol.

First, I'd like to--

(We interrupt this list to being you an announcement from Budd Dwyer.)

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:35 pm Wrong move - I didn't want to link it because it was a horrible list and I meant it. I have edited your post to remove the link.
No you didn't, it's still there.
I think I don't have to explain the other reasons as to why we don't want that linked. Thanks and I appreciate you not editing your post to put it back in.
No, that's not possible, you still have not enabled post editing.

This is the second time you've said something idiotic in the last day or so, are you getting overloaded from stress or pressure? Are you getting enough sleep at night?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes I have

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

I don't think there have even *been* good TV shows in the history of TV yet. I mean,
Northern Exposure, Twin Peaks, Monty Python, Breaking Bad, and... did I say Northern Exposure already?
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

I meant "100 good TV shows".
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.