STICKY & LOCK! --- ADDENDUM RULES POST: Pinback! Devise me a Grilled Cheeeeese recipe better than the BESTEST SEX!!

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper

STICKY & LOCK! --- ADDENDUM RULES POST: Pinback! Devise me a Grilled Cheeeeese recipe better than the BESTEST SEX!!

Post by RetroRomper »

Addendum #1
Hot Sauces
Any hot sauce applied will be assumed to have been spread evenly on the bread or the bottle is lightly tapped upside down on the cheese itself, placing the heat at the initial bite.

Addendum #2
Melts
Please see --- for more information.

Addendum #3
Pairings
No fucking tomato fucking soup unless it's an actual Ethnic type that is actually associated with a specific non-US culture. NO TOMATO SOUP YOU SOB!
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Re: STICKY & LOCK! --- ADDENDUM RULES POST: Pinback! Devise me a Grilled Cheeeeese recipe better than the BESTEST SEX!!

Post by pinback »

I definitely do not eat grilled cheese sandwiches, and I'd advise you to join me.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: STICKY & LOCK! --- ADDENDUM RULES POST: Pinback! Devise me a Grilled Cheeeeese recipe better than the BESTEST SEX!!

Post by pinback »

(I agree with the Melt Guy, though. I have the same issue with "burritos" vs. "wraps".)

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

TIL some fucking piece of shit on the fucking piece of shit website called "the reddits" cant STAND that people use language to communicate instead of rigidly apply LOGIC.

Tuna melt isn't a grilled cheese, but why have a reddit about grilled cheese? It just self-defeating. Like, is he masturbating-- OK yeah it's reddit, he's masturbating.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Agreed about Melts vs Grilled Cheese. GC is it's own wonderful thing and melts can just be anything with melted cheese, right?

Tuna Melts are awesome but you have to make yourself or ask if they made the tuna salad that day. I like sweet pickles (or relish in a pinch) in the salad. Chicken salad was good at Panera bread, I like interesting stuff like grapes and nutes in a good chicken salad sandwich.

Pinner certainly used to eat grilled cheese sandwiches before he became Karen Carpenter. If search worked I'd bet there's a recipe from him for one.

Grilled cheese sandwiches get fun when you add different kinds of cheese in combination, just make sure to use butter in the pan and cover it between flips. I could see a discussion on grilled cheese sandwiches though I still haven't fully gotten into reddit yet except for what comes up in google searches.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I was never a grilled cheese guy, although if you asked me if wanted to eat nothing but grilled cheese sandwiches all day for the rest of my life, of course. My favorite three things are bread, cheese, and butter (/olive oil). I used to not eat them because I was fooling myself, and now I don't eat them because I'm not.

Damn, I could go for a grilled cheese.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:48 pm Pinner certainly used to eat grilled cheese sandwiches before he became Karen Carpenter. If search worked I'd bet there's a recipe from him for one.
You are the

WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN
TO SEARCH
CASUAL OBSERVER
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

You don't want to overuse those jokes, Paul.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:34 am
Casual Observer wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:48 pm Pinner certainly used to eat grilled cheese sandwiches before he became Karen Carpenter. If search worked I'd bet there's a recipe from him for one.
You are the

WE'VE ONLY JUST BEGUN
TO SEARCH
CASUAL OBSERVER
Come on Pinback, this one was pretty good. You have to admit that. He linked a Karen Carpenter song to the search problems of ICJ's flawed implementation of Phpbb3 in an Aardvark style signature.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:14 am this one was pretty good.
It is a bad joke. AArdvark would never be that vain to just point right to the signature without having a snappy comment to back it up. The signature is his mic drop.

Casual Observer

Well, not better than sex but the wife made a gourmet grilled cheese that sure helps make up for the lack thereof.

Russian Rye Bread
Muenster
Aged Extra Sharp Irish Cheddar
Regular Sharp Cheddar
Butter on the bread

Build it in the pan, lots of cheese everywhere.

Low low low heat, don't forget to cover
Perfect Golden Brown, Yay!
Serve with Bread and Butter Pickles, leftover tortilla soup (not pictured) from La Pinata, and a Black Velvet (Guiness & Cider) freshly chilled in freezer.

Not bad for a working from home lunch.

Casual Observer

And just to complete the "melt vs grilled cheese" topic, this is a seared turkey and fried deli garlic bologna and muenster melt. Served with side of fruit and the aforementioned Black Velvet to drink.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:30 pmServe with Bread and Butter Pickles
This really brings it all together. I didn't get it until you mentioned the bread and butter pickles.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:38 am And just to complete the "melt vs grilled cheese" topic, this is a seared turkey and fried deli garlic bologna and muenster melt. Served with side of fruit and the aforementioned Black Velvet to drink.
"Black velvet and that little boy smile
Black velvet with that slow southern style
A new religion that'll bring you to your knees
Black velvet if you please"
- Alannah Myles, Black Velvet

Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.