OKC Thunder [2012-2013]

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:51 pm

lethargic wrote:.We think Howard Cosell was hilarious when he was calling players "little monkies"
Just in the interest of bringing actual facts into this hysterical discussion, he only called one player (Alvin Green, Washington Reskins) a monkey, and he did get in trouble for it.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:27 pm

pinback wrote:
lethargic wrote:.We think Howard Cosell was hilarious when he was calling players "little monkies"
Just in the interest of bringing actual facts into this hysterical discussion, he only called one player (Alvin Green, Washington Reskins) a monkey, and he did get in trouble for it.
Here's another fact. It took less than 10 seconds to find video of Cosell using it for another player on youtube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A90Km_PzAsA[/youtube]

But good effort!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:52 pm

pinback wrote:
You are such a fucking bootlicker. Believing that people should be able to say what they want WITHOUT LOSING TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR IT is "hysterical."

I will never, ever understand the mentality of pieces of shit who think along the lines that you did earlier in the thread. "Herp derp, well, you can say what you want, but there will be consequences!!" Just fucking listen to yourself.

The best part is that the fine came from David Stern. David Stern, who has done more to keep deserved money out of the hands of African-Americans than any other human being on the planet since slavery ended. Stern, who fixes games and fixes draft order and employed point-shaving refs to meet his disgusting, sickening desire for "ratings." He is beyond fucking contempt. The guy who orchestrated moving one franchise out of a city that had spent hundreds of millions of dollars on an arena for the NBA. THIS is the guy who should be moderating speech. THIS is the guy with the moral authority, as far as you are concerned, to tell people what they can and can't say.

How many billions has he made off the backs of people like whoever it is that said that thing for the Pacers? I want an answer. I want a correct answer and I am removing the reply button from this website until I get an answer. So.... someone's gonna have to tweet it to me, I guess.

Well, I think David Stern is a piece of human chum. He should have been fucking fined for fixing games. He should have been thrown in jail for what he did to the Seattle tax payers, even though the one Seattle taxpayer I actually know spoils movies that are still in theaters and is the one who deserved the $75,000 fine.

Fuck David Stern and fuck you, Pinback, for taking the side of the oppressors.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:16 am

David Stern lost me when he did the stupid dress code thing. He forced all the players to wear suits and ties when they're not on the court. Meanwhile the NBA TV channel regularly plays a one hour documentary about the fashion of the ABA. It shows all these ABA guys their insane pimp outfits before and after games and it just goes on and on and on about how cool this era was. Why was it OK then? Why is it OK to applaud that sense of style and individuality but it's not OK to do the same thing now?

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:30 am

The man's just trying to run a business. There are rules for being an employee in a business. When you show up at work in inappropriate clothing and making inappropriate comments, do you not expect to be reprimanded?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:14 pm

pinback wrote:The man's just trying to run a business. There are rules for being an employee in a business. When you show up at work in inappropriate clothing and making inappropriate comments, do you not expect to be reprimanded?
Sure, but they don't take your money away.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 pm

pinback wrote:The man's just trying to run a business. There are rules for being an employee in a business. When you show up at work in inappropriate clothing and making inappropriate comments, do you not expect to be reprimanded?
1. The point was that it was very hypocritical to do that when they were currently airing a documentary that did nothing but praise the total opposite.

2. If we were talking about working at a bank, yes. If we're talking about a sport, no. It shouldn't matter what they wear except when they're on the court doing their job. Sports is entertainment and part of that entertainment was the different personalities and individuality of the players.

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 pm

I don't agree with the fine either. I just object to you two fingerbanging each other with "this is AMERICA, man!" and "YEAH how come only black guys can say N1GGER!?!?"

Your conclusions are correct. Your reasoning for your conclusions would embarrass a retarded nine year old.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Nobody says n1gger. That's not even a word. How would you pronounce that? Nonegger?

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:11 pm

lethargic wrote:Nobody says n1gger. That's not even a word. How would you pronounce that? Nonegger?
Tdarcos IP ban not working. Robb?

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:14 pm

lethargic wrote:Nobody says n1gger. That's not even a word. How would you pronounce that? Nonegger?
By the way, we're not even allowed to say that word here, you idiot. Did you notice that? That I had to leet-speek it because that word is BANNED here? Because it could affect the financial viability of the guy who runs it?

HMMM? POT???

KETTLE????

n!33r?!?!?!?!

This is AMERICA, MAN! WE CAN SAY WHAT WE WANT, FASCIST!!!!!

No homo.

pinback

Post by pinback » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:17 pm

God, it just occurred to me how great that is, that a guy running a website screaming "we can say what we want in this country!" bans words from his own BBS. That is awesome.

You are AWESOME, ICJ.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:24 pm

Well yeah, nobody's saying you can say the n-word, geez man.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Well yeah, nobody's saying you can say the n-word, geez man.
He doesn't want to say the n-word, he wants to say n13347r.

I really need to see a list of words I can't say because I almost said n!33r about 30 times in this thread.

Ahhhh man. It really does change it. I was looking to get banned. I am so on pinback's side now. Screw you Robbbbbb.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:06 am

BTW, before I got here this thread was about the stupid Thunder. Now it's exciting. YOU'RE WELCOME.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:21 pm

It's true. lethargic makes things better.

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:55 am

Agreed

Also please close this thread and move it to best-of because I totally won it.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Mark Cuban is donating $100,000 to fund a study on flopping. Mark Cuban rules.

From what I gather game one happened last night. I dunno. Who cares.

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:53 am

"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:16 pm

Is New Orleans serious with this Pelicans name? I thought it was a prank, but they actually used it during the draft.