Reason 4067: Why I hate people

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13257
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:43 pm

I mean, you anagram out the "buttsucker" in STUCK TUBER, and that's you, Jonsey.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21810
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:50 pm

pinback wrote:Wait. Jonsey, you're arguing the fact that you're a shameless buttsucker of your less loyal users?
I... maybe?

I mean, you wanna argue whether chris is a dick or not, fine.
Is he a dick over the garbage can thing? Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that him yelling at all of you and all of you yelling at him is superior to the previous array of stunning posts, which were all about either getting pumped or getting relaxed on a Friday. Do you know the inherent problem with a BBS that relies on that for content? I will give you a hint: it can only happen on Friday.

But... I didn't think there was any disagreement on the fact that you would lick any of these people for hours on end, from head to toe, if they even hinted that they might not spend all eight hours of their workdays on this BBS.
The lineup changes on this BBS all the time. Right now it's good. Eventually it will again be bad. I'm rooting for the "good" to continue. Anyway, you were begging everyone to tell you what an ace poster you were a few threads over, so don't choke on your pacifier because someone else started a stimulating, insulting, but mostly insulting topic and YOU didn't, you wretched failure.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13257
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:57 pm

This was NOT a good thread. Two years ago, you would have banned everybody involved, that's how bad it is.

But... you're different now.

Hey, the new Star Warses sucked too. Things change. Usually for the worse.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Gimmick poster #12

Post by Gimmick poster #12 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:01 pm

Jonsey's just upset that there's no fiery political discussions here like the ones that happen over at groucho.

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:58 pm

First of all, being a good neighbor, nay, person, means that if you destroy someone else's property, then you compensate them, period, the end. If you all want to add those side notes about getting a garbage can for free, etc. blah etc, then go right ahead. Chris is absolutely right, any of you would have bitched about the same thing that had a home, except, oh, shit, I guess NONE OF YOU DO, and have NO idea about treating your neighbors and your friends with RESPECT. Sure, you can all go on these rants about maggots and Malt liquor and crap, but dealing with people you have to live with in the real world means you actually have to step up and be somebody that somebody else can respect. Does anybody respect any of you?
Last edited by Vitriola on Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knuckles the CLown
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Shaker Heights, OH

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:14 pm

I AM the model citizen of Shaker Heights!
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

chris
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Hiding in the workshop

Post by chris » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:31 pm

Vitriola wrote:Does anybody respect any of you?
I know I don't. :smile:

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:45 pm

Vitriola wrote:First of all, being a good neighbor, nay, person means that if you destroy someone else's property, then you conpensate them, period, the end.
That's being a good consumer. Good people, do not give enough of a shit(any of a shit?) about garbage totes to be so pulled down by someone who destroys that garbage tote that they begin to dislike that person.
Good point Bobby!

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:36 pm

Good people, as you put it, would not dislike someone because they were dumb enough to destroy something someone else owns, and then not replace it. Good people would have replaced it by the end of the day, and then everybody would have gone out for cheesecake and mice.

chris
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Hiding in the workshop

Post by chris » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:40 pm

Worm wrote:That's being a good consumer.
What is this materialistic consumer bent that your on? Jesus, if anybody on this board is anti-consumeristic and hates the disposible society in which we live, it's me. Yet I'm some sort of Spendwad J. Rainforestraper because I made the guy replace the garbage tote. Oy vey, you need to get a grip.

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:54 pm

Vitriola wrote:Good people, as you put it, would not dislike someone because they were dumb enough to destroy something someone else owns, and then not replace it.
As easy as it is to hate whiggers. He took his time out from drinking 40s and taking his girlfriends cash to buy the motherfucking thing. He didn't replace it 'immediately' and that's the operative word here.

We're not hating the guy because he destroyed the thing and replaced it. We're hating him because he destroyed the thing, probably only came over because he girlie was watching, said he'd replace it the next day, didn't do that, later gave him different cans, and then eventually returned the right tote, probably at the constant bitching of his girlie. Now where does neighbor paranoia make him a bad person?
Good people would have replaced it by the end of the day, and then everybody would have gone out for cheesecake and mice.
Exactly. Except when you get two jerk offs in a situation like this it doesn't really matter. You can dice over who's the bigger asshole, but the fact remains. Chris expects an immediate correction of a mistake and dually says "score" to himself(and the message board, and his wife, and his kid, and his coworkers, and his parents) when he can get overcompensated and that retroactively makes him undeserving of the kind of treatment he'd hypothetically like to receive.

This isn't preschool. Just because someone breaks something of yours doesn't create a magic debt that must be filled by that specific person, even if it does it should matter less after you fill that debt yourself. The more you care about this debt, the more of a jackass you are.

I can't explain this any better. Take your scales and shove them up your asses.
As I type this, I'm sitting on my front porch, looking across the street at my new neighbor's house. He and his buds just took off in their truck a few minutes ago, and the garbage cans are now sitting right at the end of his driveway. I'm waiting to see what he does with 'em when he gets home.
Rereading this quote, it's all the more obvious as a bored homeowner game.
chris wrote:
Worm wrote:That's being a good consumer.
What is this materialistic consumer bent that your on? Jesus, if anybody on this board is anti-consumeristic and hates the disposible society in which we live, it's me. Yet I'm some sort of Spendwad J. Rainforestraper because I made the guy replace the garbage tote. Oy vey, you need to get a grip.
You should have thanked him for injecting something into your void of a life. I wish someone would do me the courtesy ... oh, wait, thanks!

For the record, I wasn't saying you were consumeristic, I'm saying you're a cunt. I just don't think that the non-immediate replacement of property constitutes a bad human being.
Good point Bobby!

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:04 pm

To be fair, the dickwad comments Chris made were BEFORE the can was replaced. That being said:

"For the record, I wasn't saying you were consumeristic, I'm saying you're a cunt."

BWA-HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

John Kerry

Post by John Kerry » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:47 pm

I have a plan to provide every American with replacement garbage totes.

User avatar
Knuckles the CLown
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Shaker Heights, OH

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:56 pm

I was going to get involed but this banlity is below even me. Since nothing remotley exciting happens in anyone's life here, the content void is being with the horrors of subarban life. The married people are boring the dating people's commutes take the wind out of their sails and the single people are too mortified to even look at a real girl so they write fan fiction for yahoo personals.


Things were better when I was dazzling the masses with tales of rec hockey and large meals gone awry.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

User avatar
Knuckles the CLown
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Shaker Heights, OH

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:34 pm

Honest to god, the last time I had a problem with my garbage cans, I just threw my fucking garbage in the street. Everyday. A policeman showed up at my house a week in to "trashathon" and the following ewxchange took place

Police: "Do you know about the situation in the road in front of your driveway?"

ME: The garbage? Yes

Police: Why would someone throw garbage in the street in front of your house"

ME: Do you see any garbage cans out there Magnum PI? that's why. Somebody stole them, I adapted

Police: Sir, you cannot just throw your garbage in the street.
ME: And people cannot just go around stealing other peoples garbage cans either, but that didn't seem to bother "the force" a week a go when I called to report them stolen.

Police: That doesn't matter you still cannot throw garbage in the street

ME: I'm going to start shitting in the street to to conserve water, find my garbage cans, you solve your garbage caper. Everyone wins!

He came back with some new garbage cans, and told me to make sure to I use them. I told him unless he had a search warrant or was going to charge me with something to get the fuck off my property.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

chris
Posts: 604
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Hiding in the workshop

Post by chris » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:00 am

Worm wrote: As easy as it is to hate whiggers. He took his time out from drinking 40s and taking his girlfriends cash to buy the motherfucking thing. He didn't replace it 'immediately' and that's the operative word here.
Given the fact that it would have taken him all of 10 minutes go to across the street and buy a new one, and given the fact that he said he'd replace it the next day, was it unreasonable for me to expect that the can be replaced promptly? Is it unreasonable for me to see busted up old garbage cans in my driveway 6 days later and be upset about it?
Now where does neighbor paranoia make him a bad person?
There's no paranoia here. My mistake is in assuming that other people would handle a situation like this with the same level of responsiblity that I would have.
Exactly. Except when you get two jerk offs in a situation like this it doesn't really matter.
So now you think the neighbor is a jerkoff?
This isn't preschool. Just because someone breaks something of yours doesn't create a magic debt that must be filled by that specific person, even if it does it should matter less after you fill that debt yourself. The more you care about this debt, the more of a jackass you are.
I disagree. If you become indebted to somebody, then it's your responsiblity (there's that childish notion again) to fulfill that debt. You may think it's unreasonable for me to expect him to fulfill the debt, but to me it's a matter of principle. Am I being unreasonable? You might think so, but I don't. Matters of principle are important to me.
I can't explain this any better. Take your scales and shove them up your asses.
If something should happen to you where you're wronged and compensation doesn't appear in a timely fashion, you'll be complaining about it. Higher-than-thou attitudes magically disappear when it's YOU who are wronged.
Rereading this quote, it's all the more obvious as a bored homeowner game.
Because I was on my porch? Hardly. I often go out on my (enclosed) front porch in the evenings and surf the web with my laptop, or read a magazine, or listen to the ballgame on the radio. Lord knows I've spent the last 4 years restoring the damned thing (and I'm not done yet)...might as well get some enjoyment out of it.
You should have thanked him for injecting something into your void of a life. I wish someone would do me the courtesy ... oh, wait, thanks!
No sweat. I won't deny the fact that once you settle down and have the family/house/marriage thing going, life can get mundane. However, don't make the assumption that I enjoy conflict...I do not. However, I'm not going to let myself get run over just to avoid conflict.
For the record, I wasn't saying you were consumeristic, I'm saying you're a cunt. I just don't think that the non-immediate replacement of property constitutes a bad human being.
Well, if it weren't for the fact that the guy didn't do what he SAID he was going to do, you'd be right. But he said one thing to me and did another, and that pissed me off.

Having said that, I certainly hold no grudge against the guy. The debt is settled, so there's no problem. I talked to him Wednesday, and we're square. Now, can we get back to talking about Ben's horrid looking meals?

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:28 am

chris wrote:
Worm wrote: As easy as it is to hate whiggers. He took his time out from drinking 40s and taking his girlfriends cash to buy the motherfucking thing. He didn't replace it 'immediately' and that's the operative word here.
Given the fact that it would have taken him all of 10 minutes go to across the street and buy a new one, and given the fact that he said he'd replace it the next day, was it unreasonable for me to expect that the can be replaced promptly? Is it unreasonable for me to see busted up old garbage cans in my driveway 6 days later and be upset about it?
Yeah, if he didn't break his commitment (AS A MAN WITH A PENIS) he'd be a better person? While, it is unreasonable for any person to get upset over a garbage tote, what was unreasonable is that you spared him the courtesy of giving him back the damn thing when you got what you wanted for free. If he had went right over there and got you a tote immediately and then you learned you could get one free, got one free, and kept both, that would make you an asshole. By your universal scale logic, that would have been a good thing. So, even if you would have given him back his money had he responded more promptly you're still an ass. Because you're only treating a person nicely if they jump through your hoops.

Now where does neighbor paranoia make him a bad person?
There's no paranoia here. My mistake is in assuming that other people would handle a situation like this with the same level of responsiblity that I would have.
You realize that the mere assumption that EVERYONE IN THE WORLD would handle a situation like you would is the dumbest motherfucking thing ever, right?
Exactly. Except when you get two jerk offs in a situation like this it doesn't really matter.
So now you think the neighbor is a jerkoff?
Yeah, and I'd still give him back his cash if I could replace something of my own at no cost. Hell, I'd probably want to make up the difference if I could get it back cheaper.
This isn't preschool. Just because someone breaks something of yours doesn't create a magic debt that must be filled by that specific person, even if it does it should matter less after you fill that debt yourself. The more you care about this debt, the more of a jackass you are.
I disagree. If you become indebted to somebody, then it's your responsiblity (there's that childish notion again) to fulfill that debt. You may think it's unreasonable for me to expect him to fulfill the debt, but to me it's a matter of principle. Am I being unreasonable? You might think so, but I don't. Matters of principle are important to me.
So, it's not about having what you need, it's about some grand scheme where everyone in your life should own up for every single wrong they inflict upon you no matter how small.
I can't explain this any better. Take your scales and shove them up your asses.
If something should happen to you where you're wronged and compensation doesn't appear in a timely fashion, you'll be complaining about it. Higher-than-thou attitudes magically disappear when it's YOU who are wronged.
Well, good job on just telling me I'm a liar, I guess.
Rereading this quote, it's all the more obvious as a bored homeowner game.
Because I was on my porch? Hardly. I often go out on my (enclosed) front porch in the evenings and surf the web with my laptop, or read a magazine, or listen to the ballgame on the radio. Lord knows I've spent the last 4 years restoring the damned thing (and I'm not done yet)...might as well get some enjoyment out of it.
Looking at him, waiting to leave, just so you can run over, give back the garbage cans without talking to him about it, and watch what he does when he sees them? What were you going to lift up your glass of Lemonade when he came home, looked at the garbage cans, and looked at you sititng on your porch?
You should have thanked him for injecting something into your void of a life. I wish someone would do me the courtesy ... oh, wait, thanks!
No sweat. I won't deny the fact that once you settle down and have the family/house/marriage thing going, life can get mundane. However, don't make the assumption that I enjoy conflict...I do not. However, I'm not going to let myself get run over just to avoid conflict.
Oh yeah, losing 25 bux, you're so fucking run over.
For the record, I wasn't saying you were consumeristic, I'm saying you're a cunt. I just don't think that the non-immediate replacement of property constitutes a bad human being.
Well, if it weren't for the fact that the guy didn't do what he SAID he was going to do, you'd be right. But he said one thing to me and did another, and that pissed me off.
Grr, so what? You've had experience with people before, right?
Good point Bobby!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21810
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:09 am

Knuckles wrote:high comedy
Can I put it in the Best of base now???

Thank God for that fucking clown.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Locked