Reason 4067: Why I hate people

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Morals fairy

Post by Morals fairy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:45 pm

Worm wrote:So, in the end Chris is the jap?
yes. A dick, also.

nessman

Post by nessman » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:13 pm

:shock:
Last edited by nessman on Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt

chris

Post by chris » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:21 pm

I don't get the animosity. The guy destroyed my property, and is therefore responsible for replacing it. Whether I later decide to get another garbage can from our waste hauler is irrelevant. You may think I'm being a dick about it, but I've "let people off the hook" in the past after they've done me wrong, and I've *always* gotten burned by it. Never again.

For what it's worth, it looks like we'll be holding on to the garbage can. We didn't have anything else to put the garbage in this evening (pickup is tomorrow morning), so we used the new one. Probably the only time we'll EVER use it, but there ya go.

nessman

Post by nessman » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:26 pm

Chris is correct. You break something, you are responsible for replacing it or renumerating its owner for a new one.
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt

common sense fairy

Post by common sense fairy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:31 pm

nessman wrote:Chris is correct. You break something, you are responsible for replacing it or renumerating its owner for a new one.
garbage totes are typically marked as property of the garbage company, which also explains why chris was able to get a new one for free. So, why does chris deserve a profit again?

chris

Post by chris » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:45 pm

common sense fairy wrote:garbage totes are typically marked as property of the garbage company, which also explains why chris was able to get a new one for free. So, why does chris deserve a profit again?
The one he broke was my personal property...I bought it at the store when we first moved into our house. As such, I feel fully justified in requesting him to replace it.

The waste hauler offers totes for free simply because it makes the garbage man's job easier. As Nessman points out, their totes are designed to hook onto the garbage truck, and the truck lifts it up and dumps it out. Saves the garbage man's back and gets the job done faster. We did not even inquire with the waste hauler about their totes until 6 days after my tote was wrecked....the aluminum cans showed up in my driveway, we figured we were never going to get another tote from the guy, so we called the hauler to see if the totes were free or rented. They're free, so we asked for one.

Now if the guy had run over a tote supplied by the waste hauler, then he'd be paying them for the replacement.

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:52 pm

chris wrote:I don't get the animosity. The guy destroyed my property, and is therefore responsible for replacing it. Whether I later decide to get another garbage can from our waste hauler is irrelevant. You may think I'm being a dick about it, but I've "let people off the hook" in the past after they've done me wrong, and I've *always* gotten burned by it. Never again.
The animosity comes from the fact that this guy did what he was supposed to do and his "crime" which led you to gripe about him was only a lack of communication and not jumping quickly enough for your liking. Sure, he should have left a note on the two garbage cans saying that it was only temporary but it was because of your lack of character that you assumed what you did and rudely put the cans in front of his driveway. I'm not surprised that he didn't want to talk to you when he dropped off the new one and I imagine that once he sees the brand new tote supplied by the company the first thing he will think is "what a fucking dick".

chris

Post by chris » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:44 pm

Casual Observer wrote:The animosity comes from the fact that this guy did what he was supposed to do and his "crime" which led you to gripe about him was only a lack of communication and not jumping quickly enough for your liking.
Oh suck on it. The guy said TO MY FACE that he'd get me a new garbage can "tomorrow", and 6 days later I had nothing. I have every right to gripe about how he handled it.

nessman

Post by nessman » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:57 pm

chris wrote:As Nessman points out, their totes are designed to hook onto the garbage truck, and the truck lifts it up and dumps it out. Saves the garbage man's back and gets the job done faster.
Actually, the hauler we use supplies the totes, but their truck actually grabs it (two "fingers" wrap around it) with a big arm and dumps it in the truck. Pretty neat.

Worm

Post by Worm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:21 am

chris wrote:
Casual Observer wrote:The animosity comes from the fact that this guy did what he was supposed to do and his "crime" which led you to gripe about him was only a lack of communication and not jumping quickly enough for your liking.
Oh suck on it. The guy said TO MY FACE that he'd get me a new garbage can "tomorrow", and 6 days later I had nothing. I have every right to gripe about how he handled it.
Yeah, I guess you've got him with, your garbage tote not going to the top of the list. Honestly, if it was a fucker in a suit rather than a whigger would you give a shit? If it was a black dude in a suit would you give a shit? If it was a black dude in a suit, who ran over your tote in something other than a truck would you give a shit? <s>That's the thing, you've got an item, that you didn't pay paid for, that was broke. Now you're making a guy pay to replace it rather than presuing obtaining another free one.</s> I simply think it was a collection of circumstance that made go down one road rather than another. EDIT: So, I can't demonstrate forethought of scummy actions, I can demonstrate willingness to take scummy actions when the oppurtunity arises.

So, here you are, sitting in your house, with your garbage I guess. On chris-grr-journal-day-6 you get some aluminum ones. This ... fucking whigger (You know that's what you thought) ... is trying to pass these off as a fufillment of his manly obligation to hash out any wrong he caused in the world, as long as he said he would. So fuck it, fuck the garbage piling up, and send those back. Let's not enquire as to were we got the first motherfucker, because this can turn into one of those cool little fueds.

You make your own problems, and if a guy steps on your foot, you're going to be waiting for him to 'unstep on it' forever. Chill out, buy a new fucking tote or get one for free, and think about your human spawn(I figure everyone from groucho is pumping them out) sitting in the fucking house with garbage. You've proved you can play the financially independent kid, hell loads of people do, though don't you want to break up to the level of adult?
Last edited by Worm on Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good point Bobby!

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:47 am

Worm wrote:Yeah, I guess you've got him with, your garbage tote not going to the top of the list. Honestly, if it was a fucker in a suit rather than a whigger would you give a shit? If it was a black dude in a suit would you give a shit? If it was a black dude in a suit, who ran over your tote in something other than a truck would you give a shit?
It doesn't matter WHO did it....I'd still expect to be compensated for the damage done to my personal property.
That's the thing, you've got an item, that you didn't pay for, that was broke.
Have you fucking read anything I've posted so far? I've said repeatedly that THE GARBAGE CAN THAT WAS DESTROYED WAS NOT FREE....I PURCHASED IT MYSELF WITH COLD HARD CA$$$$H WHEN I BOUGHT THE HOUSE. IT WAS *MY* PERSONAL PROPERTY.

Jesus, if you're going to lambaste me for being an asshole, at least have the common courtesy to get the fucking facts straight.

Worm

Post by Worm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:11 am

chris wrote:
Worm wrote:Yeah, I guess you've got him with, your garbage tote not going to the top of the list. Honestly, if it was a fucker in a suit rather than a whigger would you give a shit? If it was a black dude in a suit would you give a shit? If it was a black dude in a suit, who ran over your tote in something other than a truck would you give a shit?
It doesn't matter WHO did it....I'd still expect to be compensated for the damage done to my personal property.
Fair enough.
Though on the other hand
It was certainly better than the way her current man handled it, so I WIN BY DEFAULT.

After dinner last night, I went outside to do some work, and found my new garbage can sitting in the driveway. He knew full well that we were home, yet he just dumped it in the driveway and ran. Speaks volumes of his character.

He did, however, leave the receipt with it, and he did pay cash for it. This means that come Saturday, when our waste hauler delivers our free garbage tote, this one goes back to the store and I'm $27.01 richer.
You're a bit of a scumbayug. I guess if the whigger did the same thing to you, it would be bad, right?
That's the thing, you've got an item, that you didn't pay for, that was broke.
Have you fucking read anything I've posted so far? I've said repeatedly that THE GARBAGE CAN THAT WAS DESTROYED WAS NOT FREE....I PURCHASED IT MYSELF WITH COLD HARD CA$$$$H WHEN I BOUGHT THE HOUSE. IT WAS *MY* PERSONAL PROPERTY.
chris wrote:
Knuckles the CLown wrote:Did your garbage company provide it? They probably would replace it, and if they charge you, give the new guy the bill.
Perhaps taped to some of the missuses fine apple pie.
I don't know where this guy would buy one. For some reason I picture a Homer Simpson-Ned Flanders situation developing.
No, the one I had was one that I bought myself when we bought the house.
The password was 'bought'. Not free, not purchase, and sure as hell not ca$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$h. Though you sure seem to care alot about it!
Jesus, if you're going to lambaste me for being an asshole, at least have the common courtesy to get the fucking facts straight.
Oh fuck you. I destroy you on everything else and miss your one use of the word bought. Now, I somehow can't prove that making a person pay for one thing, regardless of if they should or not, getting one free, and then keeping their money because you deserve it in your big chilidish universal game of 'Fair' is really low. Then to post about how you bilked the dumb truck driving whigger out of his cash on a message board with an emoticon makes me sick. So you can hang on to my mistake with these bullshit childhood concepts like courtesy, and manly responsibility. Or you can go ahead and reread it as if I didn't make the mistake, like a fucking adult.
Good point Bobby!

chris

Post by chris » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:21 am

Worm wrote: You're a bit of a scumbayug. I guess if the whigger did the same thing to you, it would be bad, right?
What does it matter? Whether I'm compensated with a $27 garbage can or $27 in cash is irrelevant. And as I said before, we ended up keeping and using it.

Oh, and it's hard to take somebody who considers courtesy and responsiblity as "bullshit childhood concepts" seriously. Let me guess...you're the kind of guy who leave bubble gum on park benches and never flushes public toilets, right?

If I wanted to get into stupid pointless arguments, I'd have stayed on Groucho. Jesus, this is what I get for attempting to answer the call to "pump it up"? NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:25 am

chris wrote:If I wanted to get into stupid pointless arguments, I'd have stayed on Groucho.
I thought you left there because they threw your smug, insufferable ass out, because you're such a DICK!
Jesus, this is what I get for attempting to answer the call to "pump it up"? NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.
Yes, chris, probably best to leave the posting to other people. You are more than welcome to continue reading others' work, though! And to die! Die! Die!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Worm

Post by Worm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:52 am

chris wrote:
Worm wrote: You're a bit of a scumbayug. I guess if the whigger did the same thing to you, it would be bad, right?
What does it matter? Whether I'm compensated with a $27 garbage can or $27 in cash is irrelevant. And as I said before, we ended up keeping and using it.
If you believe in some wonky principle of financial balance where everyone finds Nirvana in a lack of precieved debt to other human beings, I guess everything is irrelevant but both parties being satisfied that nothing is precieved as owed to another entity. My cat lost her collar somewhere, it might have triggered it's snap off action when she was choking, or she might have just got out of it. Either way, she owes me a collar, even if I go out and find it.

You're still opperating off the ideals of abundance. Did you walk in and ask for an extra tote with the sentence "Well, this guy said he'd replace the one he broke, but I just want another one."? Did you even have to mention it was broke? Do they just give them out like nothing else? Could you get two, could you get three, did this 'balance' have to restored so quickly?
Oh, and it's hard to take somebody who considers courtesy and responsiblity as "bullshit childhood concepts" seriously. Let me guess...you're the kind of guy who leave bubble gum on park benches and never flushes public toilets, right?
It's hard to take someone that snags their cliche ideas of 'annoyance' from pop culture and stand-up comics seriously. I guess that the bottom of a park bench is good a place as any to store your gum, I don't like feeling it when I reach my hand under there -- though, why the fuck was my hand under there?

I do not like having to flush the toilet, wait for the other guy's shit to go down, shit myself(haha! in the toilet, you ass), and then wait the extra seconds for the tank to refill, so I don't do it to others. It's the golden rule, courtesy is the lie that somehow is a real scientific law. I'd like someone to spare me an expense whenever they can, so inversely, I should spare someone an expense if I can.
If I wanted to get into stupid pointless arguments, I'd have stayed on Groucho. Jesus, this is what I get for attempting to answer the call to "pump it up"? NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.
bitch bitch bitch
Good point Bobby!

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:54 pm

It pains me to agree with Worm.

Is <i>everyone</i> in Rochester a dick?

Bruce

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:11 pm

No, you asshol--- awww fuck.

Chris, please continue posting this and any other topic you choose. You have pumped it up and delivered the best thread seen here in a while. It needs some sex, obviously, but it already has reckless driving, fraud, back-biting and, with the topic being garbage, likely involvement with the mob.

This is infinitely better than what we were talking about before, which was nothing.

And for the record, I don't like kids who wear their hats backwards either.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Knuckles the Sandwich

Post by Knuckles the Sandwich » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:21 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Chris, please continue posting this and any other topic you choose. You have pumped it up and delivered the best thread seen here in a while. It needs some sex, obviously, but it already has reckless driving, fraud, back-biting and, with the topic being garbage, likely involvement with the mob.

This is infinitely better than what we were talking about before, which was nothing.
Hey, Jonsey, if I threaten to leave will you suck my cock too?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:31 pm

I admire your ability to type that in from whatever closet you ran off to hide in after shaking and cowering because the Clown "challanged" you to a duel, you KtC semen-sipping little fuck. Anagramming out the "gargle" in doppelganger, that's you all right. And all you'll EVER be.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:40 pm

Wait. Jonsey, you're arguing the fact that you're a shameless buttsucker of your less loyal users?

I mean, you wanna argue whether chris is a dick or not, fine. But... I didn't think there was any disagreement on the fact that you would lick any of these people for hours on end, from head to toe, if they even hinted that they might not spend all eight hours of their workdays on this BBS.

Right, people? That's a given, right?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!