Darwinia

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:21 am

*I* am the sexiest indie gamer of al--

Whoa, all you get is some shitware for winning? Man, fuck this shit.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Worm

Post by Worm » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:53 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:*I* am the sexiest indie gamer of al--

Whoa, all you get is some shitware for winning? Man, fuck this shit.
Yeah, you can thank the guys from Newgrounds.com for RUINING INDIE GAMING. http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entries2005.php?entry_id=36
1.3 Million Dollars into a fucking Contra clone based on a flash game. Honestly, fuck this noise.

I guess I'll give Darwinia a try on a computer that can run it though. If I like it, I'll download it, because if Indie game makers can't understand why we hate corporate games, fuck them. 30 dollars or less please.
Good point Bobby!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:57 pm

Someone with a million... sorry, 1.3 million dollar budget is considering themselves "indie." That's fantastic. This is how people like me get bitter about things.

What a rip.

Someone should start a competition or an award structure or whatever else on games with no budget. If you really want to compete then quit your job and order a ton of Chinese food.

$1.3 million. Unbelievable. HURR way to go! God, it must have been very difficult to pull it off! They didn't invent any gameplay, they didn't invent any characters, they didn't invent anything new. I bet they really sweated things out there at the end! Congrats on a job well done. I don't know how they managed. They definitely made the right move elbowing out games from consideration that were developed by a guy getting three hours of sleep a night, or some 18 year old kid who did it because he loves it.

Worm

Post by Worm » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:00 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Someone with a million... sorry, 1.3 million dollar budget is considering themselves "indie." That's fantastic. This is how people like me get bitter about things.

What a rip.

Someone should start a competition or an award structure or whatever else on games with no budget. If you really want to compete then quit your job and order a ton of Chinese food.

$1.3 million. Unbelievable. HURR way to go! God, it must have been very difficult to pull it off! They didn't invent any gameplay, they didn't invent any characters, they didn't invent anything new. I bet they really sweated things out there at the end! Congrats on a job well done. I don't know how they managed. They definitely made the right move elbowing out games from consideration that were developed by a guy getting three hours of sleep a night, or some 18 year old kid who did it because he loves it.
It's so fucking bad I might even make a text game. That's not too tricky right?
Good point Bobby!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:22 pm

I dunno, the only time I ever enjoyed it was when I ported Hammurabi. SOMEONE GIVE ME ONE POINT THREE MILLION.

Worm

Post by Worm » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:43 pm

Darwinia has no active hostiles judging by the demo.
Good point Bobby!