Large meals I have not enjoyed

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

face 2 stufd 2 login JB

Post by face 2 stufd 2 login JB » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:48 pm

Food places to recommend! Hm... Well, pretty much any place in the small, out of the way town of Sitka is a good bet. I personally quite like Pizza Express, because it serves far more than pizza. It is owned by Mexicans (imagine that) who do not only make the fact that they cook Italian their main selling point, but aslso cook American food as well! A good show, that. Also, the hotel restaurants tend to be ridiculously good; Sheatika, for example, has some of the best food around. The Channel Club has quite possibly the best food in town, although the prices for it are fucking insane.

In Anchorage, all that I can say is "go to the village in. Do not pass go. Do not collect $20." Sweet. Monkey. Jesus. Damn is that food good.

This has been... Lysander's run-down of restaurants from two towns no one ever goes to! Thank you, and goodnight.

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:01 pm

Well, if we're going to play "Obscure Restaurants,"

Fred's House of BBQ, Inc., on Thornton Rd. in Lithia Springs, GA. Best brunswick stew on the planet, and damn good chopped pork too.

The Supper Club in Shelby, Montana. Best. Steak. Ever. (Note: do not go with ICJ, as this is the sort of place that, if you ordered your steak well done, the cook would personally murder you with his chef's knife). Lindy's near Minneapolis is but a pale imitation of it. Haven't tried the Lindy's in Seely Lake, Montana.

There's a little place called "Pompeii" in Old Nice. I could find it on foot, but I have no idea how to tell you how to get there. Great Italian food, though. By its cheesy murals you will know it.

And, less obscure, but OH MY GOD GOOD, "Boccon DiVino", outside of Montepulciano.

Bruce

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:49 pm

I would just like to say that this thread has the single funniest "Subject" line I've ever seen on this BBS. I laugh every time I see it.

I would give my own restaurant recommendations but I hate it when people. Start. Talking. Like. This. And based on the last few posts, that would seem to be a necessity, so I'll pass.

Knuckles the CLown

I Hop

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:07 pm

I Hop is a shit hole, Child Protective services should be knocking your door down right now. I've seen truckers drive by I hop and shake their heads like, "I can drive another 4 hours to the next rest stop"

There are no good pizza places where I live, it's shitty franchise after shitty franchise. It was a matter of convienence that I was forced to buy a shitty pie cause, 1 I didn't feel like walking and 2 I didn't feeling like cooking a shitty meal in my magnificant kitchen. I flew to close to the sun on wings of under cooked dough AND DIDN'T GET BURNED! BTW my second favorite meal is a really good cheeseburger.

I'm glad you all delighted me with tales of pizza places and restaurants that are good IN YOUR AREA! You might as well tell me about the cafeteria food on MIR. Anyhow if I lived in the Italian Palace of Food this Rochester is, I would never eat a meal at home and never eat at a franchise again.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:25 pm

face 2 stufd 2 login JB wrote:This has been... Lysander's run-down of restaurants from two towns no one ever goes to! Thank you, and goodnight.
Speaking of which... Knuckles's posts are coming through your speaker, right? How awful is that?

I am glad you still come here, especially if that hapless degenerate's anti-human and wholly sick meanderings are being blasted at you in stereo.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

2 lazy 2 login Lysandr!

Post by 2 lazy 2 login Lysandr! » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:49 am

Yeah, man... i gotta tell ya. It hurts. It's actually in mono. But! It still... hurts. It... stays right by my side. Even though I run. The pain, it still hates me until I sleep... Or... goddamn I need to lie down now.