Love hurts... (extremely long rant involved)

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

John Cusak, High Fidelity

Post by John Cusak, High Fidelity » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:13 pm

pinback wrote:
John Cusak, High Fidelity wrote:Now who's the fucking asshole?
Sure as fuck ain't me, Slappy.
Great! Of course, it doesn't work if you just blatantly lie to yourself, but then again, if I were the guy who posted the "F plus" response, I'd probably have a tough time with personal honesty as well.
By the way, you keep spelling your name wrong on this BBS.
Well, I don't want to get sued or anything.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:18 pm

I genuinely cannot think of five things I've ever done in my life that I was even remotely characterize as "bad" or "morally wrong". Obviously, since I don't do things that I feel clash with my own moral structure.

And even if you took an objective look at my life, you would never find anything even remotely approaching anything as grotesque as knocking up some broad, convincing her not to have an abortion, then spending the next however long fucking around with everyone else I could find.

That is TRULY nauseating, and I'm goddamn serious about it.

Derail this, smegmonkeys.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Debaser
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:55 pm
Location: Aurora, IL

Post by Debaser » Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:57 pm

pinback wrote:Derail this, smegmonkeys.
Must... resist urge to post... as "Smegmonkies"...

Okay, there, good. Done. I don't know how to respond to a thread like this. I don't think I've ever done anything truly awful to anyone (at least, not intentionally), but then again I've never really been in a position to.

I, like Violet, have never been "in love". When I was younger and stupider (all of two years ago, now) I've had infatuations, very mild obsessions, and I've still got lust a plenty. But it's all been pretty self-absorbed, and honestly the subjects probably were, for the most part, been chosen more out of proximity than any special traits. This, you would understand, is probably the precise opposite of love as it's been idealized.

But, when I think about it, I don't want love. Or, at least, I don't want a relationship. I can deal with the potential pain of its end, but I have, at this point in my life, made a conscious or possibly instinctual decision not to adapt to anyone else's needs. We all dream of that one, special person who will accept and love us for who we are, but really. I figure I'd inevitably turn into the antagonist of the preceeding story, or else become miserable and resentful because I'm no longer capable of living my life the way I want to.

But, fuck, I'm navel-gazing here. So, pretend that, in place of this post, there exists the following gimmick post from one "Commander Data":

A most curious phenomenon. What is this... love?

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:10 pm

Yeah, I might could join this rapidly growing conga-line of "love, meh, nothin' but heartache" espousing. Except for one thing.

I've seen it. I've seen it when it's right. I've seen it when it lasts for 30 years, and would have lasted 300 more if the fucker hadn't croaked.

The last time I saw my father was Thanksgiving last year, and while I was there (not knowing what the very near future was to hold), I just watched how he and his wife acted, after nearly 30 years of marriage. The way they still smiled just at the sight of the other. The way they couldn't pass each other in the hall without kissing and giggling this lovestruck little giggle. The way you knew each of them was, by far, the most important thing in the others' life, and they knew it, and they relished it and savored it for all it was worth.

And before you say, "Oh, that's just because they both knew he was a goner, and he was probably looped up painkillers anyway", let me just tell you this:

They didn't act one bit differently than any other time I've seen them together, and they got together when I was about three years old.

So I know it's out there, and I know it's great, and I know that for me to live my life without it is just wasting time and fooling myself.

And if you're anything like me, then the same thing goes for you, too.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21628
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:21 pm

pinback wrote:The last time I saw my father was Thanksgiving last year, and while I was there (not knowing what the very near future was to hold), I just watched how he and his wife acted, after nearly 30 years of marriage. The way they still smiled just at the sight of the other. The way they couldn't pass each other in the hall without kissing and giggling this lovestruck little giggle. The way you knew each of them was, by far, the most important thing in the others' life, and they knew it, and they relished it and savored it for all it was worth.
I've been waiting for the right time to tell you this, and maybe this is it, but... well, I'll just say it. Your dad acted the same way around me.

Oh, how I loved that man.

SWISH SWISH PINNER
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:49 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: 2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
2. Don't derail the non-comedy threads. While writing this, I saw JQW speak to this in the other thread on here, and I therefore consider this to no longer be a problem. And I'm not saying that he's the only, or main "offender." If I start a thread on some video game and Bob Green & Larry King make an appearance, I don't really care. But if someone is trying to bring the content in a more serious manner, please don't use that thread as an opportunity for reckless abuse. There are seriously 99 other threads where that is fine to every one which is not.
You cocksucker.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Jack Straw
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 9:42 pm
Location: R.O.C.

Post by Jack Straw » Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:05 pm

pinback wrote:The way they still smiled just at the sight of the other. The way they couldn't pass each other in the hall without kissing and giggling this lovestruck little giggle. The way you knew each of them was, by far, the most important thing in the others' life, and they knew it, and they relished it and savored it for all it was worth.
And, the past 3 years for me has been a living hell. It has NEVER been like this. More like we couldn't pass each other in the hall without dirty looks or nasty comments, to begin with.

I have no intent to defend myself against embellished tales, but I would also appreciate it if you would stay the fuck out of my business.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:20 pm

Stay the fuck out of your business? You mean that business that's already been posted on a public BBS, such post which was then subsequently approved by you?

That business, you mean?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Violet
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Rochester NY

Post by Violet » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:32 pm

My parents are happily married, thats why I am so well adjusted.

You know what annoys me more than anything though, people who are happily married telling me that I will find someone someday. I will be happy like them if I am just patient and wait. This makes me either really resentful or feel really empty.

I'd rather they said nothing at all. Silence is golden.
The End

Jack Straw
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 9:42 pm
Location: R.O.C.

Post by Jack Straw » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:10 pm

Mmm-hmm. Except I didn't post that.

I see no difference between you laying judgement on me based on a "psychotically charged" post and discussing at length (heh) the ins and outs of my cock based on the picture posted.

The reason I allowed (not approved, you silly rabbit) the post was for the following reasons:
1.) This post is a window into a delusional mind and allows a historical record of nuttiness...
2.) Posts should not be deleted.

Feel free to do whatever the fuck you want with BLUE over there. I feel slightly intruded upon, being that this BBS (well, not the web version) was my sanctuary since I was "hosing shit down" at Perkins. But, there's really nothing I can do about it and it's pointless to even consider deleting any posts. Breakups are nasty and this is very publically nasty. But the LAST thing I need is some douchebag telling me how morally wrong I am. We are two completely different people; you can't even fuck without looking over your shoulder thinking of your neighbors. If you want to get with Blue feel free, you have my permission. But PLEASE do not put me down to make yourself look better - it's completely unneccessary. FUCK, you would be doing me a favor if you gave Blue some romance, because I'm just not that type of man. It PISSES ME OFF when there's a bitch hanging on me. Cuddling is annoying. Maybe when I grow up a bit more I can be as boring as you but seriously man, cut the shit. I'm gonna recieve a bunch of shit for this message alone. Every time I give any insight into this situation I have to hear about it. So please, shut the fuck up, you can do it on your own man.

ALSO: Drunk, Beck's tastes good.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:17 pm

Seriously Messed-Up Dude wrote:It PISSES ME OFF when there's a bitch hanging on me. Cuddling is annoying. Maybe when I grow up a bit more I can be as boring as you but seriously man, cut the shit.
Wow, man. Now I DO feel sorry for Blue, letting go of a catch like you.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:21 pm

By the way:
Lunatic wrote: If you want to get with Blue feel free, you have my permission.
What in the fuck are you talking about? Does anybody have any idea what he's talking about?

I'll tell you, I have no idea what the situation is between you two, and I only have one side of the story, but if you wanna talk about "psychotically-charged", my man, A WINNER IS YOU.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21628
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:29 pm

pinback wrote:
Seriously Messed-Up Dude wrote:It PISSES ME OFF when there's a bitch hanging on me. Cuddling is annoying. Maybe when I grow up a bit more I can be as boring as you but seriously man, cut the shit.
Wow, man. Now I DO feel sorry for Blue, letting go of a catch like you.
Is there any chance in hell that you can possibly co-exist with even one of my goddamn friends? Any chance at all? Jesus Christ. He's getting his private life thrown up on a place he supposedly visits for fun (and regardless of how you claim to have never done a single questionable thing outside your own personal moral compass, I would GUARANTEE you that you would not enjoy the details of your last breakup chucked anywhere for the world to see) and you've got to chime in on what a douchebag you think he is and retardedly pseudo-flirt with his ex-girlfriend right in front of him? What the fuck is this shit?

What the fuck is the matter with you?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:32 pm

I wrote about ALL of my breakups on THIS and EVERY OTHER goddamn website I've ever visited. Are you insane? I'll write my whole fucking life out for you, one second at a time, without batting a Photoshopped eyelash.

Who are these people whose personal lives are so embarrassing to them that they're horrified and ruined if they're exposed to the world? How about living a life you can be even remotely proud of, instead of fucking everything up and covering your tracks?

How about that?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21628
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:37 pm

Lunatic wrote:If you want to get with Blue feel free, you have my permission.
What in the fuck are you talking about? Does anybody have any idea what he's talking about?
Whoops.

I just re-read the entire batch of threads from the last few days. I... shit, this is embarassing. Especially with what I wrote in my post previous to this one.

Well, I guess it's time to take my medicine like a man. (Fuck.)

You're absolutely right, of course -- Jack really is speaking like he's a straight-jacketed lunatic. He's acting like he's a werewolf and another two moons just got sucked into Earth's orbit. Everything is criss-crossed and wrong. Shit!!! And I actually "chewed you out," Ben, in that last post.

I mean, hell -- what IS he talking about? When Jack says:
If you want to get with Blue feel free, you have my permission.
It's not as if you HAVE SPENT ONE OUT OF EVERY TWO POSTS THAT YOU'VE FUCKING MADE RECENTLY TRYING TO TURN THIS BBS INTO YOU AND BLUE'S OWN PERSONAL FUCKING VERSION OF THE FUCKING DATING GAME. Don't you fucking dare play dumb with everybody here, Chuck Fucking Woolery and try to get "the crowd" on your own side here. Jesus Christ. The way you have handled yourself on here the last two days, you've done everything but inform everyone as to the date of the reception and store where you're fucking registered.

You have truly managed to tunnel yourself down into a hell-on-earth pit of bile, chum, slime and other disgusting, yet wholly miscible froth, and make yourself fucking fit right in.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21628
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:38 pm

pinback wrote: I'll write my whole fucking life out for you, one second at a time, without batting a Photoshopped eyelash.
Eyebrow.

The JC cabal thought your eyelashes were, and I quote, "reserved yet masculine."
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:48 pm

Explain to me how a girl can come on here, tell an absolutely kischke-twisting story about her ex-whatever who fucking CREATED A NEW PERSON with her, then immediately started humping everything humanoid and systematically destroying her life, and then I dare to question his honorability, and suddenly I am picking up boards like Rodman?

Maybe the reason I don't like any of your friends is apparently they are not particularly well-versed with the dual concepts of "class" and "decency". Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting that from their online personas which they've carefully crafted for public presentation, and there's really no such person as "Noel" to begin with.

Help me out, here.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Jack Straw
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 9:42 pm
Location: R.O.C.

Post by Jack Straw » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:53 pm

What the hell did you not understand about SHUT THE FUCK UP!?!?!?

Bringing up my kid??!? AGAIN???

Bitch gon' get cut.

BLUE

Post by BLUE » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:54 pm

I will no longer be visiting Jolt country..... I felt like I needed to talk to someone since Adam stole all of my male friends and fucked my female friends.. I really felt I needed someone to talk to... but apparently I can't do that... I didn't even get into the really horrible stuff he did for fear of publicly embarrassing him for real.... so there you go Adam I will no longer post on your board...

Oh and by the way.... I really appreciate the way you are acting toward me... I have decided that the gas and electric which is in my name on your apartment will be turned off tommorow so make your preperations now.
This is your final warning.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13137
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:55 pm

Tell us a story, then, Jack. I think everyone here wants to hear The Rest........ Of The Story.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Locked