A Guide to Sleeping in your Car

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark, pinback

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:29 pm

I would not enjoy sleeping in my car once, much less many times.

Also, when I went to CAX I did the thing where 4 guys share a hotel room and it was 2 guys to a bed. I am not sure why I agreed to it, though there was probably a reason. I can say that under no circumstance will I ever share a bed or probably even a hotel room every again.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:16 am

Any time I'm in DC, I get $89/day for M&IE (meals and incidental expenses). That $89/day is mine to keep and spend; there are no receipts, no "giving back what I didn't spend," etc.

On Wednesday, I had McDonald's for breakfast ($5), a food truck for lunch ($10), and Quizno's for dinner ($10). I spent $25 of my $89, leaving me $64 profit. A room at the Ramada Inn would have cost me $59. I literally could have got a hotel room for free, but instead chose to sleep in the parking lot like some sort of penny-penching miser, which I am not.

The good news is, with the money I saved on the trip I purchased two Raspberry Pi 3 bundles. The bad news is, my shoulder is so jacked up I'm not sure I can lift them, and they weigh like 8oz each.
[✓] Jonathan "Jack" Flack [✓]

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:09 pm

Flack wrote:The good news is, with the money I saved on the trip I purchased two Raspberry Pi 3 bundles. The bad news is, my shoulder is so jacked up I'm not sure I can lift them, and they weigh like 8oz each.
In the name of Wotan roasting on a rotisserie*, if you're going to sleep in your car often, get a fucking air mattress!

----
* The Norse gods equivalent of "Jesus H. Christ on a crutch."
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:03 am

Thanks, commander. I shall file your advice next to every other piece of advice you have posted.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:11 am

Do you use your CPAP while bumming it in your car?
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 am

No. Historically it's only been for long naps so I've never broken it out. I have considered trying to run mine off of the truck's battery but I don't know if it would run all night without killing the battery.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:26 pm

They sell battery packs for CPAP machines and uh... You know the CPAP is keeping you alive, right? Believe everyone here would prefer that you get oxygen to your brain on a nightly basis.
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Flack was not asking for advice. Please do not offer unsolicited advice.

And fix your .sig.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:29 pm

Apparently one of us would prefer that you didn't...
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Flack wrote:Thanks, commander. I shall file your advice next to every other piece of advice you have posted.
I am very glad you appreciate my 100% USDA Prime bullshit. Too many people just dispense non-USDA graded bullshit. Insist on only the best!
pinback wrote:Flack was not asking for advice. Please do not offer unsolicited advice.
Then why the hell is he bitching about it? Men complain about problems so they can find a solution. Women bitch about things to get sympathy. When a woman complains her shoes are too tight, she doesn't want a suggestion on how to make her feet stop hurting or to get different shoes, she does it because she just wants to commiserate over her problems.

Otherwise, stop being a pussy and man up!

And besides that, Pinhead, I think Flack can speak for himself. If he didn't want solutions and just wanted to gripe he could have said so. I mean, if my burns from the accident hurt, I get some cream or lotion and put it on and / or take a pain pill, I don't bitch and whine about the pain, presumably if I have a problem I want a solution, not sit around and whine about it and continue suffering.

Okay, I'll not offer any more suggestions except to ask Flack if he wants cheese to go with his whine.
And fix your .sig.
What's wrong with my sig (presuming you're referring to me)? I'm changing it every so often to spice things up a little. Like my new sig.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:40 am

RetroRomper wrote:They sell battery packs for CPAP machines and uh... You know the CPAP is keeping you alive, right? Believe everyone here would prefer that you get oxygen to your brain on a nightly basis.
Filed next to Tdarcos' advice.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:29 am

Tdarcos wrote:Then why the hell is he bitching about it? Men complain about problems so they can find a solution. Women bitch about things to get sympathy. When a woman complains her shoes are too tight, she doesn't want a suggestion on how to make her feet stop hurting or to get different shoes, she does it because she just wants to commiserate over her problems.
This is why some people say you are autistic. Again, it is not a negative term. But you can't differentiate between stuff you wrote about relationships and a guy telling a story.

The name of the thread is the Guide to Sleeping in Your Car by an Internet Comedian. He is not looking for ways to "fix" anything, the goal of the thread is to entertain us all with his stories that might occasionally dip into farce.

GEEZ.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!