The Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Thread

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I've downloaded (aka PIRATED) Mankind Divided and gave it a try.

It's not that bad. As far as stealth games go, it's decent. Mouse controls leave a lot to be desired though; virtually impossible to aim with a sniper rifle, and there's input lag.

Performance is hit and miss. When I look one direction, I get 120FPS. I look the other, it goes down to 60...

Verdict: Good game, but bad console port.

(I will not be buying it though. It has Denuvo DRM. The pirated version is superior, *and* doesn't have micro-transactions. I hope the authorities don't read this forum.)

The Authorities

Post by The Authorities »

RealNC wrote:(I will not be buying it though. It has Denuvo DRM. The pirated version is superior, *and* doesn't have micro-transactions. I hope the authorities don't read this forum.)
We have read your message. We will be subpoenaing the server logs to obtain your IP address. We will be subpoenaing the owner of your IP to determine whom it belongs to. You will service us. We are The Authorities. Resistance is Futile tm.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

RealNC wrote:I've downloaded (aka PIRATED) Mankind Divided and gave it a try.

It's not that bad. As far as stealth games go, it's decent. Mouse controls leave a lot to be desired though; virtually impossible to aim with a sniper rifle, and there's input lag.

Performance is hit and miss. When I look one direction, I get 120FPS. I look the other, it goes down to 60...

Verdict: Good game, but bad console port.

(I will not be buying it though. It has Denuvo DRM. The pirated version is superior, *and* doesn't have micro-transactions. I hope the authorities don't read this forum.)
I think the problem for me is that it's always daylight in the initial city (WTF?) and I dunno, I just can't get into it. And this is coming from someone that loves Adam Jensen.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I think the problem for me is that it's always daylight in the initial city (WTF?) and I dunno, I just can't get into it. And this is coming from someone that loves Adam Jensen.
The second time you visit Prague, it's night. But time doesn't pass until you progress in the story, that's true. It's not Skyrim.

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp »

Oooh I didn't realize it took place in Prague. I want to try it now.

pinback

Post by pinback »

It's about time this BBS finally had our own "always going on about cool he thinks Czechoslovakia is" guy.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

FlyingCarp

Post by FlyingCarp »

Haha you had a guy like that in the past, huh? Well allow me to be the Vaclav Havel to his Klement Gottwald.

pinback

Post by pinback »

FlyingCarp wrote:Haha you had a guy like that in the past, huh?
No, I was just making fun of you. Belittling our newest, favorite member. It's kind of my "thing".
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote:It's about time this BBS finally had our own "always going on about cool he thinks Czechoslovakia is" guy.
We -- I mean -- don't you reme--

gsdgsd is into Czechoslovakia as well. We have three guys now, gsdgsd, Carp and this Jensen asshole.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!