circuit's edge manual

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Here is the best fan page I know of.

http://www.links.net/dox/warez/games/circuitsedge/

(You have to scroll down to see stuff. This drove me crazy at first.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I think we can do better? I'm creating gifs and quoting the book the game is based on, so I imagine our page will have a bit more of a literary edge.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes, that is a fine page and the best resource on the Internet. Our goal will be to top it. Our goal will be to make that guy.... well, go, "Thanks, it only took the Internet 10 years to top something I threw together in an evening." But still!

And then we will thank that guy profusely.

I am already a-tingle. I am going to edit the Wikipedia page for The Circuit's Edge with a link to that page, so we can then put in there for ours.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I am so sick of stuff hanging over my head. Wednesday night I will scan the manual. I apologize for not having my life in order to where I could have already done this.

Post by Guest »

Could someone point me in the direction of that fine Circuit's Edge manual that Jonsey scanned couple months ago. Seem to have trouble locating it. Thank you.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Think Jonsey's frame of mind changed somewhere between September and late October...

We both expected to have the tribute page with the manual up much sooner than the end of this year though.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Guess Jonsey isn't going to reply?

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'm on it, I'm on it. It's like how I was telling Ben - I forget about this stuff when I get to work, and then I forget about it when I come home. That manual WILL be scanned.

ICJ

Post by ICJ »

I have started the scanning. I will sit here and scan the rest of the pages and not stop until they are finished. I am not sure what the best way to go from .bmp to a PDF is, but I will figure it out.

Thank you for your patience. I am sorry it took so long.

Ice Cream Jonsey

This is back on my list. I have a three day weekend, will try to scan the last few pages and assemble them into a PDF.

elfpvke

Post by elfpvke »

Thread bump. It'll be great to see the manual; The thread and the article from 09 got me interested in replaying Circuit's Edge after ~17 years..
(Sorry if the manual was already posted; I didn't see it)
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:This is back on my list. I have a three day weekend, will try to scan the last few pages and assemble them into a PDF.

Slothy

Post by Slothy »

elfpvke wrote:Thread bump. It'll be great to see the manual; The thread and the article from 09 got me interested in replaying Circuit's Edge after ~17 years..
(Sorry if the manual was already posted; I didn't see it)
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:This is back on my list. I have a three day weekend, will try to scan the last few pages and assemble them into a PDF.
For anyone still wanting a full scan of the Circuit's Edge manual, here you go:

http://mocagh.org/infocom/circuitsedge-manual.pdf

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

That is awesome. I might just go play through the game again now.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Thanks, I am an asshole for not finishing it. But I am glad it is up!

lotek

closure

Post by lotek »

Hey everyone!

Yeah, I know, call me necromancer, but since I was the one who started this thread, I thought it would be nice to also give it some closure.

This was actually a funny and nostalgic thing... yesterday I decided to try again to finish Circuit's Edge, then I started to look for the manual online, then I heard a little voice in my head: "you've been through this before, haven't you?"

So I look at the 2nd hit for the google search on "circuit's edge manual scan" and the whole thing comes back! And the manual is actually scanned! Thanks a lot to everyone involved!

And so, 15 years after the original promise, I declare this case closed. Jonsey is forgiven and his soul is saved.

Ice Cream Jonsey

lotek, it's great to see you again. You are a valuable part of the site's history and membership and I am glad you came back to let us know how it all went.

I do intend to finish The Circuit's Edge at some point. I think it holds up wonderfully and is very playable. Something I think gog.com would be advised to get the license for.