A couple notes.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

gsdgsd

A couple notes.

Post by gsdgsd »

First off -- thanks to me being in the background and web-surfing when I should have been working, the Jolt Country BBS made a cameo appearance live on CNN tonight. True, it was only in the background and indistinct enough that you could only see a black blob ... but it was there, baby. It was there.

Second of all -- I realize that Rochester and Buffalo are, indeed, a ways apart, but since a bunch of you are from the area -- if one was to visit Buffalo, what's a region of that fair city that's best to stay in? i.e. a fairly entertaining, walking-friendly, bar-intensive portion that's not going to put me in the poorhouse.

Greg

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

True, it was only in the background and indistinct enough that you could only see a black blob ... but it was there, baby. It was there.
This is the best news to hit the board yet. I am going to put a "AS SEEN ON CNN" logo somewhere on the main page. I think that would help provide an aura of legitimacy that, frankly, may not really be instantly recognizable to the outside observer to the site.
Second of all -- I realize that Rochester and Buffalo are, indeed, a ways apart, but since a bunch of you are from the area -- if one was to visit Buffalo, what's a region of that fair city that's best to stay in? i.e. a fairly entertaining, walking-friendly, bar-intensive portion that's not going to put me in the poorhouse.
Buffalo is much like Tatooine. Trouble is always just around the corner, and I think by law they have to have a bar every 150 yards. Da King has relatives there, so he can probably better provide an overview of the best places to stay in Buffalo, but if he doesn't see this thread I'll revisit it with some unearthed suggestions. (Thinking about it, I usually don't end up staying the night when I am in Buffalo. We were at a nice-enough hotel when I went back for the Bills-Saints game last year, but I can't recall the name of the hotel. I'll see if anyone else who went on that trip can remember.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Da King

Post by Da King »

Buffalo is a hurtin' city downtown right now... you can probably get a hotel down there cheap. Basically, the party area of downtown Buffalo is Chippewa Street. If you can get a place anywhere near there, you'll be in good shape.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: A couple notes.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

gsdgsd wrote:First off -- thanks to me being in the background and web-surfing when I should have been working, the Jolt Country BBS made a cameo appearance live on CNN tonight. True, it was only in the background and indistinct enough that you could only see a black blob ... but it was there, baby. It was there.
I can't believe I forgot to ask this:

This doesn't mean that you work with Rudi Bakhtiar, does it? There's one marriage that my friends would have my full support in breaking up for the greater good of humanity.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

loafergirl

Re: A couple notes.

Post by loafergirl »

gsdgsd wrote: Second of all -- I realize that Rochester and Buffalo are, indeed, a ways apart, but since a bunch of you are from the area -- if one was to visit Buffalo, what's a region of that fair city that's best to stay in? i.e. a fairly entertaining, walking-friendly, bar-intensive portion that's not going to put me in the poorhouse.

Greg
They best place to stay in Buffalo is Rochester. Just avoid Buffalo. It's a pit. :smile:
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!