Airborne Kingdom

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Airborne Kingdom

Post by pinback »

Airborne Kingdom is a city-builder except you build in the sky, and have to keep the thing floating (and balanced) while you're also making everyone happy.

If you removed the beautiful graphics (which they are) and the beautiful music (which it is), it would be a fairly standard, almost simplistic city-builder/resource-management game.

"I don't care about graphics and sound, I just want good gameplay."

Okay, fair. However, at some point the graphics/sound become such a significantly rewarding part of the experience where you may be able to admit, okay, this is a better game than it would have been if it was an Excel macro.

Airborne Kingdom knows this, and gives you a built-in "photo mode" where you can pause the game, fiddle with tilt-shift, vignette, and color-filter settings to just toss the gameplay away and say, hey, this is pretty beautiful.

This is pretty beautiful.

It's new, and on sale at the Epic Games Sto*** ACCOUNT DELETED ***
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: Airborne Kingdom

Post by pinback »

To clarify, that is a screenshot I took, of my current game, by messing with photo mod*** ACCOUNT DELETED ***
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It's only an Epic, game, then, eh?

Look. I don't like them but I think we can all agree it's a good looking game that some of us here should try.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

I watched an entire start to finish of this game and it is something everyone here should own and play when they need to Just Chill. There is no micromanagement, you just collect resources and expand your flying city while drifting around and looking at shit. The Arabic aesthetic is refreshingly novel. The audio AND visual is great. The game is about 7 hours long. It is impossible to lose unless you are a fucktard.

Highly recommend as a way to unwind while drunk.

P.S. to Pinback: plan some open spaces within your housing blocks for power-up buildings. The bigger your population the pissier your dudes get. 5 fins will make your city go as fast as FUCK.