The Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Re: The Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Jizaboz »

Just spent 5+ hours messing with the non-video game RPG version of this with a buddy of mine.

The RPG sys is holding up JUST FINE compared to the video game. If anything, it's more solid and realistic now to me.

Get ready output all, Chooms.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Killed some more criminals in "Harder" mode as female Corpo in the video game tonight. At 18 of 20 in INT, 10 cool, and 3 in all other stats.

Read some more of the "World Book" in the jumpstart board game kit. Looking forward to actually running through "The Apartment" with some friends after Ravenloft soon.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

So, returning to the "1 shot kill" thing ICJ brought up. The more I play this game, the more I like this aspect of making you think about the decision of "either I gtfo from here, try to get a save outside of this area and go on with life.. OR I use my skills best I can despite a difficult situation." In harder mode playing my 2nd run as a Corpo female doing nothing but random stealth/cyber hacking slaying of people ID'd as criminals and shit while totally ignoring the main quests I'm at 20 INT and almost 15 COOL now.

Combat, killing, and dying was always a big part of the Cyberpunk table-top RPG.

I would like to add also that this game still apparently plays like ass on consoles. I will not argue with anyone that this should have been PC only for the first year. I can only imagine the frustration of getting 1-shotted by a bot you didn't even see with mad lag while spilling a beer in a trailer.

I am also starting to think that to enjoy this game requires imagination and thinking despite the graphics; much like the Death Stranding. Not like we ever had to do THAT before..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Update 1.2 coming soon. I wonder what all will be changed. Not really needing “hot fixes” like most others seem to be crying for running ps4 or some amd jank.

Still jumping in once in a while to take care of random crimes and grinding on harder mode corpo without touching main quests and having a blast when I do. Sometimes I’m instantly flat-lined as this weird build but that’s part of the fun.

And man what a wonderful soundtrack. I think that alone keeps drawing me back.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I checked and I have 32 or so hours into it. And the first 24 were GREAT. The first 24 hours, which should be more than enough gaming for anyone, was amazing. As a heavily-scripted game it's up there with the other classics in gaming.

When Jackie is no longer around and you're left with the open world parts, well. It's not unfun or anything. It's fine. I hope that's the stuff they are patching and fixing. It just doesn't compare to conscious decisions being made about where the game goes.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!