Let's get to the bottom of this Vark thing

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Let's get to the bottom of this Vark thing

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

When I went to look at the old dial-up BBS files, Aardvark wasn't in the userlist.

The dial-up BBS was deleted at some point in its existence, because Satan tried to put STACKER on my hard drive and compress the drives so I could store more and I didn't have a backup.

Did you never re-register, Vark? Were you not there for the second half of the BBS's dial-up life? Were ya there with an ALIAS?? Do you remember?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Let's get to the bottom of this Vark thing

This is an OUTRAGE!!!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Will address this in a bit. Life in the way right now

Ice Cream Jonsey

This is NO LONGER AN OUTRAGE!!!!!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

OK, using Groucho.org and my fading memories as resources I have determined that any time I logged into the old Jolt Country I was on my Commodore 64. I vaguely remember when JC stopped connecting in my speed dial list. There were five or six boards I was logging into regularly. The Truck Stop, Free File Farm, Jeff's board ( was he calling it Groucho then?) erm... and a couple others, possibly Bloom County? and another one in Gates that did not use handles. Once JC went down I think I took it out of speed dial and pretty much forgot about it. When I went thru the old posts on Maximus you sent me I was kinda surprised that I wasn't there, but I guess it makes sense now.
Then the internet and the PC Pentiums came. I see that I was posting on Groucho as early as 2000 using Juno and Localnet dial-up services. That had to be on my computer-show Windows 98 machine.

THE
DAYS OF YORE
AARDVARK